Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's for breakfast??

ANSWERED

I"m looking for more breakfast ideas . I'm trying to stay low carb. I also try to do gluten free as much as possible since gluten seems to make my OA worse. I CAN have gluten in moderation. My typical breakfast is a cup of coffee and 2 sausage links. Other days I might have a GF piece of toast or waffle. I REALLY don't care for eggs. I can stomach a quiche. I don't work outside the home so I don't need "quick breakfast" ideas. So, what's your favorite breakfast food?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Egg salad bagel! I hard boiled egg, mashed with 1 tablespoon light mayo and ground pepper on Bimbo thins Cat Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@proverbs31 wrote:

I"m looking for more breakfast ideas . I'm trying to stay low carb. I also try to do gluten free as much as possible since gluten seems to make my OA worse. I CAN have gluten in moderation. My typical breakfast is a cup of coffee and 2 sausage links. Other days I might have a GF piece of toast or waffle. I REALLY don't care for eggs. I can stomach a quiche. I don't work outside the home so I don't need "quick breakfast" ideas. So, what's your favorite breakfast food?

If you're serious about losing/maintaining weight, yes "low carbs", but low simple carbs

(like refined sugars and fruit juices) and lots of complex carbs, like whole grains and vegetables.

And, if you're serious about your weight and your health, cut out all the high protein and fat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I make fritattas. I have a Veggiti and spiral cut a small zucchini. I saute it with onion, diced tomato, a little shredded potato (TJ's frozen hash browns), diced bell pepper or what ever quick cook veggie you may have. Scramble an egg or two, pour over the cooked veggies, let it seep under the veggies.

When pretty much done on the bottom, sprinkle on a bit of cheese and put under the broiler until top is done. I use my toaster oven and use a small non-stick saute pan.

Really filling and good.  

Best Answer

cream cheese pancakes (more like crepes):

2 eggs

2 oz cream cheese

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp vanilla 

blend everything together (we use a nutribullet) for about 20 seconds or until combined.  cook on medium for about 1 minute on each side.  makes 6 - 3in "pancakes".  top with homemade whipped cream or berries (or both) and scarf.

there are a lot of extract flavors you could substitute for the vanilla.  there's a caramel extract you can use.  add some salt to the recipe and you've got salted caramel pancakes.

LCHF since June 2013
Best Answer

100g Granola and 100g Greek Yoghurt make a great quick breakfast, high in protein and complex carbs, and very little fat (unless you have loads of nuts in the granola). Feel free to chop in any fresh fruit of your choice, it just tastes even better then.

Complex carbs are good for you, they're a slow burner in the body and will give you a decent release throughout the day. 

I use this as my staple breakfast, combined with a decent overall diet and a reasonable (not too punishing) excercise regime, you'll start seeing results pretty quickly. 

Best Answer

All these ideas sound great! Thanks so much- can't wait to try these.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm with @James_R, my go-to breakfast is parfait. I cut up fresh fruit and put plain yogurt (I use Stoneyfield or Redwood goat milk yogurt) and my homemade granola and nuts. I worry about diabetes with my family history, so I figure the nut fats are a good thing to slow my sugar absorption. It is a filling and healthy breakfast that helps keep my gut flora in check.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Egg salad bagel! I hard boiled egg, mashed with 1 tablespoon light mayo and ground pepper on Bimbo thins Cat Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

I make up a batch of my take on Bircher Muesli to get me through most of the working week:

- A tub of low fat greek yogurt

- A grated/chopped apple

- A couple of handfuls of berries - usually blackberries and blueberries but strawberries and raspberries work well too

- Some oatmeal

- Some nuts - usually walnut pieces and almond slivers

- A small glass of apple juice

Mix the whole lot up and it will happily keep in the fridge for a 5 days while you munch through it. Easy to transport in small containers too if you want to eat when you get to work. Most of the ingredients are easily changeable to suit your own taste. My current batch has spiced rhubarb which I cooked up with some cinnnamon. Yum! 

Best Answer

My friend just sent me this link. It has tons of good options!

15-delicious-breakfast-for-dinner-dishes-under-400-calories

Best Answer

If I'm not feeling like cooking or don't have the time, I drink a strawberry and yogurt shake. Just toss around 4 strawberries to the blender, add 1/2 cup of natural yogurt, 1/2 cup of cereal ( I use Frosted Mini Wheats) and pour some skimmed milk (if necessary) no sugar is necessary. Robot wink

It's delicious Smiley Very Happy

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like to make fritata's either with sausage and baby spinach or canidan bacon with asparagus; I usually like to use parmesean cheese since it is low in calories. I also like to add cayenne pepper to add some heat and flavor. I do use whole milk, but not too much. I like to make them in advance in a cupcake pan or whatever you may have and let them cool...then wrap in plastic wrap. I love having them with fresh berries. You can eat the fritata's cold or warm...I prefer warm. Not very high in calories and very few carbs...tons of protein. You can pretty much use any types of vegetables you have leftover.

Best Answer

@Tab101 Great recommendation! Thanks.

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes