Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit losing burned calories when syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there - anyone able to help with this?

For last few weeks i've noticed that at some point during the day once my Versa synchs with my phone app it will recalibrate my calories downwards significantly.

For example today at approx. 7pm I had 680 calories showing. Post 7k walk i had approx. 1500 calories. ( walk activity indicated 733 burnt) In last half hour this has calibrated downwards and it now shows 1,100.

This has happened with a lot of activites over the last week or so. Prior to this ive never had this problem in previous 4 years with charge or Versa.

Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

I had something similar yesterday. I lost calories and then lost steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LordMuca @Cartmore, welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for the details shared about this situation. To better assist you with this, please let me know which mobile device you're using and which Fitbit devices you have. When was the first time you experienced this? Does this happen with every exercise or just with an specific one? 

I look forward to your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue with my Versa 2... 

Best Answer

Hi Ana... I'm having the exact same issue with my Versa2... I've not changed anything on my end, but now with syncing, the app reduces calories burned... then that info is reflected on my Versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

It happened with a charge 3 on Wednesday this week when there were syncing issues. I have an iPhone. It happened with walking activities.  Firstly the calories were too low for the activity and then about 17000 steps were deducted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ana.

I'm pretty new with fitbit since i got my charge 4 this tuesday. I'm using the android app.

Yesterday when i went to sleep, I had over than the objective of 3100 calories. When i woke up this morning, I went to see the stats of yesterday and I foudn that the app downgraded me to 2138.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @hritt926@Myrdrinn welcome to the Community Forums. 

@hritt926 @Cartmore @Myrdrinn thanks for the information provided on your posts. I suggest checking if your Fitbit app is up to date. If so, please let me know the model of your mobile devices. 

I'll be around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ana.... my app is up to date... after resetting my phone, it did seem that the app retroactively reinstated the original calories from the previous days... worked fine for 2 days, now today, same thing... was showing 2761 calories burned on my Versa 2, then when I performed a sync, got knocked down to 2251.   It does seem that this has happened more frequently since updating the iOS on my iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hritt926 thanks for provided the requested information. 

Please try the following steps: 

• Log out from the Fitbit app.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Reboot your phone.
  • Open the Fitbit app and log back in to your account.

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

No that does not work, and it isn't something I should have to do daily to get my device to perform properly. It is evident that this is not a problem specific to device or phone operating system, and that more than a few users are experiencing this similar glitch.  I need a better answer than that.

Best Answer