Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not staying signed in

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since the latest update, my fitbit account signs itself out multiple times per day and overnight even though I have clicked on the box to keep me signed in.  It is time consuming to sign in everytime I want to log items.  thanks 

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hi @totoman, welcome to the community.

This is something very unusual. I suggest trying to clear the cache and cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue is related to your privacy settings. 

Best Answer
Hi, Wanted to let you know this has not worked. I still have to sign in everyday and hold my fitbit until the fitbit shows the dotted diamond for it to update. I have to do this multiple times per day.

Any ideas is appreciated.

Kathryn
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @totoman, thanks for the update. 

While reading your post, I was wondering if we are trying to troubleshoot the Online Dashboard or your Fitbit app. This is important because the procedures may be different.

If the app is having an issue, please make sure that you are running the latest app version available. Also, check that you have the background app refresher turned on on your phone. Follow the steps here: Go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh and turn on Background App Refresh. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

It is my online dashboard on my MAC- Apple. I have the app on the ipad and use the dashboard on my computer.

Hope you have some suggestions.

Thanks

Kathryn Peterson
Sense 2
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @totoman, for replying back. 

I would like to share with you that I've been reading about this same behavior with some other users and seems to be due to security changes. A workaround that may prevent you from being logged out going forward, is to leave the browser window containing your fitbit.com open as long as you continue wanting to stay logged in. 

This may not be resolved to your satisfaction. If you do find it too tedious, I recommend to keep using the fitbit.com app

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has also happening to me for the last couple of months. It occurs on both PC and android devices. I have tried different browsers, but all behave the same. If I have logged in in the last 24 hrs it is fine, If not I have to provide login details.  Fitbit need to look at recent changes and work out what they broke.

Best Answer

Hi there @DonCamp, welcome to the community. 

Thank you for letting me know about the issue you have been facing for the past few months. I appreciate you taking the time to share the steps you have tried to resolve the situation. Our team is aware of the issue and is working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Don,  I did not think I was going to get anyone to provide the real answer.  Thanks again for helping my question to fitbit for my problem. I must not have explained myself very well. Glad I am not alone.

Kathryn

Sense 2

---------

The fitbit app is on my ipad. It has the dashboard etc. I update my information on my imac, easier to type on it and to read. I really do not know what it is you are trying to get me to do? Your reply to Don for the same problem is that fitbit is working on the issue.

Is that correct?

Kathryn
Sense 2

Best Answer

I have had the same problem for the last month or so. It occurs every day or two when I go online to open my Fitbit dashboard on my PC running Windows and Google Chrome. So it is an intermittent fault.   I do not have the problem on the app on my Google pixel 6 phone.  I much prefer using the dashboard on my PC. I like to see all the charts on one screen. And the screen itself is much bigger -  26 ins - which is important as i have weak eyes.        

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. The same thing happened a couple of years ago, so I suspect it's something which has been broken again. This time it's only every couple of days I need to relog, but in the past it sometimes was a couple of times a day. I too prefer looking at the big screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue and it is aggravating.  My wife is trying to get me to go to the "Dark Side" with an Apple watch.  I've been using a Fitbit for so long I hate to change.

Best Answer

So true.  My other half has said the same thing about Apple Watch.  I just hate to lose all the history I have and the food log.  

Best Answer

Hi Estuardo, Any news on this issue? It is still giving us grief.

Best Answer

I had to go back to my old Inspire last weekend after the button on my current went in but didn't come back out.  It died.  The old basic Inspire is really a step backwards.

This sign in thing is a real PITA.

Best Answer

Hi everyone! Thanks a lot for all your comments and replies. 

I would like to say that all these interactions are really helpful for us to better address the situation. As mentioned before, the right department is taking care of the situation and working hard to get it resolved. 

As soon as I get any kind of new information related to this sign-in issue, I'll let you know. I appreciate your understanding and patience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Estuardo, from a customer point of view we feel rather let down. As a newly retired IT techie of 45 years, I am use to having to identify problems within 4 hours, give a work-round within 24 hours and perm fix within 48.  This issue which seems to affect all web users has now been causing a issue for at least 3 months!  What are Fitbit's SLAs?

Best Answer

Hekp us out here. Exactly what department is the "right department"?

Best Answer

Yes, I'm seeing the same behavior on my MacBook running Safari. I leave the fitbit.com page open & signed in all of the time for logging food & getting my hike maps from the Activities Log (the fitbit.com maps show topography data that isn't available in the mobile app). I have to keep on signing in again even though I check the "Keep me signed in" box every time.

Best Answer

This thread has been open for TWO MONTHS now and the problem is still a daily nuissance. This gives me no confidence that Fitbit is actually addressing the problem. You have written "the right department is taking care of the situation and working hard to get it resolved". Can you even tell us what department that is?  

Best Answer