Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit press release on sleep "insights"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just for the record, I am still not ok with the loss of data on the sleep graph. 

Today I found this from a Fitbit press release from March 27th:  Sleep Insights is now available via the Fitbit app with all Fitbit devices that track sleep. Sleep Insights provide actionable guidance and coaching to help you improve the quality of your sleep and, in turn, your overall health. As you continue to track your sleep, the insights will become more personalized to you, your sleep patterns and your activities.

March 27th, the date we lost sleep data.  My CHR is supposed to include "sleep insights" but instead now has less sleep information, not more.  What is going on with this?  (A quick look at the help communities show that Blaze owners are getting this, but no one else.)

How can they just blatantly lie about this?

Link to the press release here.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I have a Charge 2, and have been getting the new sleep model for a couple of weeks now.

I understand that you miss some of the data from the old sleep tracking. If there are specific features I'd take a look at the Feature Suggestion board, where we can pool our votes for things like this.

And to clarify, sleep stages are different than sleep insights. Sleep insights is a little reminder that pops up (that can be disabled) that looks like this:

screenshot.56.jpg

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, @WavyDavey, I initially thought perhaps the sleep insights might have included useful data, such as a sleep efficiency number.  Looking at the app, I was overly optimistic. 

I, along with lots and lots of other users, have indeed been complaining about the sleep graph changes on the Feature Suggestion board.  We aren't making any progress, but we are making noise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@lizvocal  I am now getting a feature that I don't remember seeing at first.  On the app, when I go to the sleep page and tap on today, I get a toggle on the Sleep Stages page .  It goes between Today, 30 Day Avg, and Benchmark.  The Benchmark compares me to other women my age.  I think this is much more useful than the old Sleep Efficiency number. Time in each sleep stage changes with age.

Like I said, I don't remember seeing it at first.  This is only available in the app, as I don't see it on the fitbit.com sleep stages page.

I have been a Fitbit user for 3 1/2 years.  Like you, I have been disappointed with some of the things Fitbit has done -- and we feel like we don't get a say in it.  But I like this one and find it very useful.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes