Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex counter off suddenly?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I haven't been sleeping well, and a colleague suggested I go "Fitbit-less" to see if knowing the thing is tracking my every toss & turn is affecting my sleep. So last night, when I went to bed around 11pm, I took it off and left it on the nightstand (for what it's worth, I still slept like crap). When I woke up this morning around 6:30am, I put it back on and went about my morning - walking my dog, getting ready, walking to the train, walking to the bus, walking to the office. That's it. Maybe an hour of walking total. As I'm walking over to my desk, the buzzer goes off letting me know I've reached my 10,000 steps for the day at 9am. Why?

wtf.png

1. I did not walk 1,280 some odd steps in my sleep while it was sitting on my nightstand.

2. I did not walk over 8,500 steps already today. More like 2,500 (my usual count by the time I get to work).

I don't wear it while showering so it's not wet or anything. I've had it since Christmas and this is the first time this has happened.

I tried going in and changing the time I was in bed to driving, so it would delete those steps. It did, but not by much. So I decided to change the entire day so far today to driving, and there are still 4,545 daily steps showing up, even though none can be seen in the graph here:

wtf2.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @totootwo2! I hope you're doing great!

Hmm this is pretty weird let me help you out, make sure that the time you're logging the activities is the correct time you want in order to avoid having steps at nonce active hours. Also I have a question, is there a fan nearby or something that can produce vibrations? since this can affect the accuracy of the accelerometer that your tracker uses. If the issue persists I recommend checking this thread in order to restart your Flex this will refresh the internal logs of your tracker and helps to keep it accurate. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @totootwo2! I hope you're doing great!

Hmm this is pretty weird let me help you out, make sure that the time you're logging the activities is the correct time you want in order to avoid having steps at nonce active hours. Also I have a question, is there a fan nearby or something that can produce vibrations? since this can affect the accuracy of the accelerometer that your tracker uses. If the issue persists I recommend checking this thread in order to restart your Flex this will refresh the internal logs of your tracker and helps to keep it accurate. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much! I figured out that it was my air purifier on my nightstand, which must have vibrated the nightstand and thus my Flex all night.

Best Answer
0 Votes