Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food logging.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love my new Fitbit (so far), however, when I go to record my food intake, I just get all in a muddle because I want to get it right and have it as accurate as possible, as logging food is starting to become annoying and I don't want to turn around and say, oh stuff this for game of soldiers and never where the Fitbit again.

When logging food I have the option to put Sodium on in mg, all the foods I eat have Salt listed in grams, so I get confused as what to put.

I've never seen Potassium listed on my foods, do I need to record this?

Calories from Fat, again, not seen this on any labels, nor Cholesterol.

Some of the foods in the database which state I serving as 100g of the product and not one serving which could only be 5g per serving, so the calorie count is extremely high, can I modify these or at least report them as incorrect?

Fitbit is really starting to become a great help to me, and I want to keep it that way and get it right, and FOOD is a problem for me, so recording it accurately is a major help.

Thanks in advance..

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

If all the foods you eat list salt in grams, you are probably consuming too much salt. Also, for game of soldiers? Is that a thing? I just googled it, and sure enough, it is. You learn something new every day! But anyway, it is easy to convert grams to mg. Just multiply the number by 1,000.

Fitbit Ionic
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since most food labels list calories and other nutrients per 100 g of the product, I've started recording 100 g as the serving size for all foods. When  logging what I actually ate, I weigh or measure the portion and record the amount in grams. Hopefully, from the info I recorded in the database, the program will be able to calculate the calories and nutrients I actually consumed. For example: 100 g of X = 96 calories (serving size in database), so consuming 75 grams of X yields 72 calories. It works fairly well for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes