Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limited words in challenge messages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I text friends on challenges I am limited to set amount of words, while other friends I see, can almost write a page! What is the deal? We were talking about this on a challenge, where 2 of them are not limited at all!!

Thanks, Jeanne

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@JeanneJ are your friends who can text lengthy messages using Android, iOS or Windows? It could make a difference which platform they use.

I never noticed in my challenges how long a message I could leave.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

One of them as ios, the other one is in the UK and went to bed so I dont know what she uses.

Best Answer

Which are you using @JeanneJ ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Android 5 here and I was able to get to 180 characters before it cut off.

Best Answer

Ios hereSmiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JeanneJ I hope you're doing well! I was making some tests with both Android and iOS apps. Android can go up to 180 characters (@Odyssey13 than you so much for that information!), while iOS can go more than 700 characters. I don't think there is an actual limit for iOS. Can you try again and confirm how many are you able to write? Also, make sure you have the latest version of the Fitbit app for iOS devices (check @MarreFitbit post). 

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I'm running android and I'm limited as well and others can go on forever. It's very annoying because I have to keep writing more messages if what I want to write is long. I force closed the app and still same problem

Best Answer

Did you read the message above yours?  Android is limited where iOS is not

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/limited-words-in-challenge-messages/m-p/1557986...

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer