Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Data Export

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've just tried the Data Export facility and all I get is a summary.

How do I get the full data for each day for all the functions? The list would be pretty comprehensive and the data must exist within the fitbit online system otherwise all the graphs, charts, tables, maps etc could not be produced on the dashboard.

As the data export page says "Your data belongs to you!" so where is it please?

(BTW the TCX files for each activity isn't the answer, if there is no GPS data the file is empty)

Best Answer
45 REPLIES 45
Best Answer

@craigvan No one ever wanted that? 

You are either willfully or obliviously misreading the situation and are the only one who thinks that people asking for MORE data are in ANY way at fault for Fitbit devs removing data features. 

Literally think it through for a second. Take two if you need to. 

If you you want to blame someone blame Fitbit. We’re all in the same boat here, stop punching laterally. 

Best Answer

This, 100%:

It smacks of a disorganised bunch who have grown too quickly, are busy chucking new hardware out the door and not taking the time to get right. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. 

Any updates in regards to the changes will be posted in this thread. Please try to keep the discussion about this situation in that thread and keep it from spilling over to other threads.

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can see that there are three things that need do be considered by the Fitbit team in making any decision.

1. Keeping the periodic data download format consistent to enable users to continue to manage their daily recording.
  2. Including heart rate data in that periodic download dataset (which was the intent of the request on this thread) 
  3. Providing a full data download to meet legislative requirements (much as other social media sites have been obliged to do)

Unfortunately, items 2 and 3 seem to have been intermixed. It could well have been the case that item 3 was in progress before the request on this thread occurred.

Let’s hope that the quick fix of re-instating the periodic data download format alongside the full export isn’t the end of the matter. The periodic data download still needs the heart rate information to be included.

If the dev team had taken the time to interact with the community on some basic requirements analysis this fiasco could have been avoided.

Pete

Best Answer

As this is an old thread, I will be closing it for further responses to keep feedback consistent and in one place. Please check this thread for updates on the data export tool. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes