Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Data Export

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am incredibly disappointed that Fitbit is trying to lock in my weight data. I have 5 years of weight tracking but it seems that Fitbit is scared that scared that I will take my data and go somewhere else if they gave me free access to it. Instead if I want it I will have to download 60 months of data individually and merge them. Very disappointing

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

The data is not locked, @ramontgo, the data export feature just has a 31-day limit on exporting data. This is the same for all data, not just the Body (Weight) information. If you download your data monthly, and merge it with an XLS spreadsheet (I use LibreOffice Calc to do this), it is very easy to maintain and graph your data.  I don't think Fitbit cares if you take your data and go somewhere else with it - they have never asked me what I do with my data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is an artificial limitation designed to make it hard to access data while not explicitly denying access. It is harder for Fitbit to code this limitation than to not have it so obviously it is a purposeful impediment. That’s the disappointment. 

Best Answer

@ramontgo wrote:

This is an artificial limitation designed to make it hard to access data while not explicitly denying access. It is harder for Fitbit to code this limitation than to not have it so obviously it is a purposeful impediment. That’s the disappointment. 

That's hardly the case. The limitation is that it is relatively expensive to maintain large data sets online. It's much easier to make a sub-set of the data available, especially when the vast majority of users won't need to see more than that.

My assumption is that someone very serious about tracking their weight long-term, is already using a scale like the Aria and has all their data already available through TrendWeight.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would have to say that it is an artificial limitation designed to reduce server load and increase customer satisfaction due to less wait time.

And trust me, putting a limitation on the number of days is not hard to do - it is child's play.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes