Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPS not tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The GPS on my husbands Fitbit doesn't track the distance or show any of the workout.  We have android phones.  When we get done walking mine will show 2.6 miles his will show  0.1.  He hits start exercise and everything looks like it is working.  The clock starts counting and somewhere it goes into the abyss. 

He has tried resetting the watch, checking the blue tooth, and comparing all the settings.  What are we missing?   It was working before, and all of a sudden stopped working for the past month.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Fran_L. Welcome to the forums.

Thank you for sharing the details regarding this situation with your Fitbit.

I'm not sure if you are still having issues with this. If the GPS is getting disconnected during your activity, the device may track different information for the distance. Before considering other options, make sure to follow the steps suggested in this article

All devices with GPS sensors require a direct path to GPS satellites to calculate location. A weak GPS signal might affect the accuracy of your route and other activity data. Your device uses your step count to calculate distance until it finds a signal, so the total distance calculated for a workout may be slightly less accurate when GPS isn't available for the entire time. In particular, please make sure of the following: 

• That you are  in open sky and moderate trees.
  • Adjust how you wear the tracker when you want to use GPS. 
  • Make sure the Location in your phone settings is set to Always or All the time for the Fitbit app (if you're using connected GPS).

If you continue to experience the same behavior and your GPS is getting disconnected, make sure to try following the steps listed in this article to complete a restart, as this has been useful for other users.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use an Apple phone with my Fitbit, and the problems started with an app update in December (I think December).  I am also very frustrated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes