Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General issues with Fitbit app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Inspire 2. Has been difficult to sync from beginning. Wouldn’t sync at all today. Did all the self help fixits. Now it won’t even switch on never mind pair or sync. 
Inspire 2 is totally useless. As is customer support. 

will never buy another Fitbit 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1,025 REPLIES 1,025

This is still going on today, 2/9.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Carlower1- Normally a phone has 2 internet connections, one via wifi and one via mobile data access. The Fitbit App on the phone can use either path to reach the Internet..Ideally both should work now the problems are resolved.

Can you chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & Support, Contact Customer Support. There may be something special with your account if you can't login.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks,  I have.  I have also tried restarting my Fitbit and that didn't work either.  The app says it syncs but the info is bare minimum--steps and resting heartbeat.  For 3 nights running, it has said that I've gotten somewhere between 4 hours & 24 to 46 minutes.  When, in reality it's been much more than that.  No Zone minutes.  It has acknowledged that I've walked, but nothing specific about heart rate, etc.  

It hasn't been resolved for me.  I am still only able to have bare minimum data.  When I sync my Fitbit Luxe, I only get the number of steps, my resting heartbeat and really off records of my sleep.  No Zone minutes, and steps from my daily walks, not heartbeat data.  This has been going on for days.

I have tried various fixes. Nothing works to change this.  I just got my Luxe in December and have enjoyed it, but this is really irritating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh man that sucks!! You may have to factory reset. I've seen some fitbit moderators suggesting it. I would call their customer service dept and have a tech advise what to do before I did a factory restet tho. Is your device completing a sync?

Best Answer

Markfm_0-1675963305246.png

Markfm_1-1675963354721.png

Are Zone Minutes, Steps, ... just not filling in, or are you not seeing the little circles in the app showing those items?

If the latter, on the main screen of the app tap Edit in the upper right.  You should then see the other icons, with a "+" to add them.  Do so, then tap Done in the upper right.

(my 2nd screenshot is for my phone, which presently shows all the items - in this case tapping the "X" would make an item not show)

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Zone minutes are just not filling in.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Problem sounds similar to one I have been experiencing. Last year I observed that tiles were freezing for 15 minute increments and that in order to update the screen more frequently I had to close Fitbit go to the home screen and click on the Fitbit button. At about the same time I had an issue with tiles whipping. The distance tile which is my first tile stayed constant, but the step, calorie, floor and zone minutes tiles flipped randomly with no apparent cause. More recently I have been experiencing random tiles flipping order and also the tiles not on the home screen. The tiles That disappear our step, calories, floor, and seven minutes and again I have to close the Fitbit application go to the iPhone home screen and click on Fitbit in order to get the Fitbit home screen to update and display missing tiles. I am a blind user using the Apple voice over screen reader to get information on the Fitbit home screen. As a Fitbit user using the voiceover screen reader, they are taking away the edit button back in September 201921 and recently they have taken away the heart rate number and zone data. I am told that the edit button and the heart rate and zone information is available to cited users, but not to those of us who are blind, using voiceover as a screen reader.

Dictated did this on my iPhone and hope you will be able to understand this message. The date should be September 2021 for loss of the edit button.

Mark alias Podunk
Best Answer
0 Votes

A few days ago steps  disappeared from my iPhone app.  If I go to the website I can see steps but nothing on my phone.  (On the phone I have gone to Edit but the steps function is not there to be added.  Very irritating

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have syncing issues and you? This is very very frustrating 😞

Best Answer

Only issue I am having lately is total length of my walks not being recognized. Did my usual walk this a.m. Usually takes half hour under ideal conditions. With snow should be a bit longer. App only recognized 19 minutes.  perhaps tomorrow I will try with connected gps to see what happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did try that. And uninstalled and turned my phone off and reinstalled. The usual elements to add in edit are missing (sleep, heart rate, # hours move etc.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @valenter7 - if when you click Edit in the Fitbit App you don't see what you want, scroll down.

If some tile elements are missing, click on the Discover tab at bottom and scroll to Health & Fitness near the bottom and select them there.

Best Answer

I just have cals, cant see steps to add them

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JonWillo - first logout of the Fitbit App, swipe the window off and clear storage and force stop it.

Now would be a good time to restart the phone and watch.

When you Login to the Fitbit App, you can click Edit [top right] in the Fitbit App, then you should be able to add/move your goals and any missing tiles till it is as you want and click Done. Then do a manual sync.

If you did troubleshooting also click profile photo and make sure your watch is connected to the app, there should be a photo of it.

Best Answer

This week I had a problem with voiceover the screen reading software provided by Apple when reviewing items in my Walmart iOS app shopping cart. I called and spoke with a supervisor at Walmart. Customer care and explain the situation. This was in the late afternoon Eastern standard time And the following morning in the early a.m., I check the App Store found a Walmart update, downloaded the update, opened the update and found that the issue had been fixed. 2000s of you who say it can’t be done it can my programming experience pose back to FORTRAN  in 1970 and I did considerable work and the days three and the days for. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

me too!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit and Google is complete and utter garbage. No excuse for constant sync issues, disconnects from the Fitbit app and wearable, and general bugs that they just refuse to fix. App is buggy as s***. 350 dollar Pixel watch and it can barely sync with my Pixel 6A. Off to Samsung Galaxy Watch Pro. I seriously don't understand how this company is still afloat with all the lawsuits in the past few years for the same very s***. I will say again to anyone reading this. AVOID FITBIT and anything GOOGLE. Just run and don't look back until you get to an Apple store or a Samsung setup at a BestBuy. 

Edit: Don't know why there was n solved tag put on the thread, but it is clearly false as so many people are still having issues. Pathetic. 

Best Answer

Yes I've got weird sleep records for the last several nights!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the detailed information, the screenshots provided as well as the steps tried on your own. While I'm glad this issue got fixed for some of you, I'm sorry this isn't the case for everyone. In order to further investigate, please provide us with the following information:

• Are you still having issues with the tiles not appearing even after trying these steps?
  • Are your Fitbit devices syncing your data correctly? If not, let me know the dates and what data didn't update.
  • What is the model and OS version of your phone?

Additionally, let me recommend updating the Fitbit app to the latest version, rebooting your phone, opening the Fitbit app and pulling down on the screen to force a manual sync.

Best Answer

Have you had any luck? Mine has been down 9 days now. I keep checking but I’m not seeing any updates for the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes