Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide from Rankings

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can someone please help me I am trying to hide myself from the rankings. I have searched this group and see where the hide/show me button is in preferences but I do not have that option. The only thing listed in my preferences is the country. I dont have the friends option or the other one that I have seen on here. I have the fitbit one and the blaze.. any input would be much appreciated.

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

Yojana,

when can we get an update on this? It is unacceptable that these two threads have been going on for so long (1 year and 4-5 months) and there is no solution and no one from Fitbit management owning this. Who can we escalate this to so we don't keep running around in circles...we are your loyal customers and you are forcing us to go to competing products...

Best Answer
Yes I couldn't agree more! Fitbit needs to respond to this!

Sent from my Samsung device
Best Answer

What's odd is that this post keeps coming up and says it has been solved, and yet, everyone with a Fitbit still cannot hide or unhide from the rankings. So I'm... assuming the problem has not been solved?

I'm honestly asking because I stopped using my Fitbit a month ago and decided to go with a product that was far more suitable for my lifestyle. I have had no problems with it, or with CSR, and that's great. However, I do still own the Aria scale, and that is why I have a Fitbit account. I'm also following this thread because, after spending money on 6 Fitbits that ALL died (and I'm not an overactive person...) within 18 months (and had a CSR tell me I must be a robot to "kill their devices" like that, so yeah, I jumped ship, and I'm not sorry about that), I'd like to see if something good comes from this. Everyone needs an answer, from what I'm seeing, not just, "We will look into it." This is a tech problem. I can understand HOW it could be corrected. I just wonder IF it will be corrected.

Good luck. I'll be paying attention!

Best Answer

@bsgsix @DeserTB @Lana_K Thanks for visiting the Fitbit Community.

We really appreciate that you have been loyal clients and would like you to continue to be. We are aware of the change made and would recommend checking out @SilvanaFitbit response here.

I would like to clarify this thread was marked as solved to bring up an immediate response to any user that stops by. At the moment there is actually no relevant information that could be useful for you but once any update is available it will be posted in this thread as soon as possible.

Keep on stepping.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Edson,

thanks for the email mail but we as a group feel you are missing the point. It is unacceptable that we keep being told there is no update. Why is this not being escalated up the chain to senior management and why are they not giving us a response with timelines in it? There is a solution even if it is not palatable for us i.e. create a new profile I assume or something but why is no one bothering to keep us updated and informed?

Fitbit has a massive C suite of managers and VP's, CEO, CTO, Customer Service, Product Marketing, Engineering, Marketing and the like. What is the escalation process to get this in front of them and prioritized to give us an answer that is meaningful and keeps open lines of communication with us?

We get that these managers have other priorities and job tasks, but someone somewhere should be so unhappy that your loyal customers have been kept in the dark for over 1 year and will at the very least be bothered to update us. 

Look forward to hearing from you and them. 

Best Answer

@DeserTB -- if your profile is in a stuck state where you previously hid your rankings from friends and cannot change that status because the "hide/unhide" toggle is no longer available, you can start a new profile with a different email, link your fitbit to that, and move forward with the same functionality as other users -- which is to say your profile will be visible to friends.  Long-time users are reluctant to do this because their lifetime stats will restart from zero with the new profile, but it is the only solution at present.

If you want the option to hide/unhide your status to friends returned, you can add your vote to the "hide me from friends ranking" feature request link given by @YojanaFitbit.  

As far as updates go, you can monitor the feature request to see if the status changes.  My guess is that since fitbit made a deliberate decision to remove the feature, it is unlikely to reverse that decision unless a significant percentage users support the reversal.  At the moment there are only 56 votes in support of reversal.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
What is silly about this is that the programmers should know the code or have a record of it that enables this feature.  It just baffles me that it has been a complete run around for over a year on this.  Your canned responses give me a good chuckle every time, so I guess in turn I am burning more calories because laughing will do that.
Thanks

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
Best Answer

Hello @Odoyle_Rules.

Thanks for your feedback on the matter. Please know that no comment goes unnoticed.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

It has been almost a year since I found this thread, and I'm really disappointed to hear that this feature is still unavailable. I had previously wished to have this feature back after an ankle injury, and instead removed all of my friends from my FitBit rather than deal with the anxiety of feeling like I was comparatively failing. I almost added my friends back after recovering, but decided not to, and sadly am grateful I didn't, as I am now recovering from surgery that would have caused me the same anxiety. I like the competitive aspects when I am in good health, but without the ability to properly disable them as needed, I cannot utilize this aspect of FitBit as a social/motivational tool, and will thus research different brands when I am next in need of a fitness tracker.

x-posted to "Add the "Hide Me" from friends ranking back!" thread

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @DNK2!

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the matter. We're always looking for ways to improve the Fitbit experience and appreciate comments with constructive criticism. Please know that no comment goes unnoticed. 

Your situation is absolutely understandable! We will be sure to let everyone know whenever this situation has received any news or updates.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

I do NOT seeing my activity. Is there no way I can stop people from seeing my steps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Boycotting Fitbit for this reason! My whole company is ditching their fitbits because of lack of security. Shame on FitBit! 

Our entire company is no longer using FitBit because of lack of privacy; all these complaints about it and they won't do a thing about it. ANd then they have the nerve to say "Privacy is a priority" with them. Laughable. No more FitBit for my company or friends, and I"m spreading the word. 

Yes, that's exactly right, you have to unfriend everyone. It's ridiculous. We are no longer using FitBit in our house, in our company and I'm urging friends to look elsewhere too. FitBit should be ashamed of themselves. 

My family and company are boycotting FitBit because of this. Spread the word. 

Shame on you. Lies. THere was no reason whatsoever to remove the ranking privacy. DOn't you read all the posts that want that back? I am in HR and our large company is no longer using Fitbit for this reason, and have gone to your competitor. Same for our families and we are speading the word to friends and other companies. THere is no reason why youy can't make privacy optional. Do you  have a good reason at all? Didn't think so. No more FitBit.

They won't do it. My company no longer supports FitBits because of this and their refusal to listen to their customers' need for privacy. It's wholly absurd that they took this feature away and say they can't put it back. Ridiculous. We are using other step counters now. There are better options for you, your family, friends and company. 

Lies. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SusanSheldon I think you've made your point now.

Best Answer

They took it away and will not be bringing it back, that's why my company and friends are no longer using FitBit. 

It's not a bug, they intentinally removed it and have no plans whatsoever to  bring it back. We are no longer using FitBit at our company or any of my friends because of this invasion of privacy. They don't care. 

They took this away on purpose, it's not a bug. They intended to muck with people's privacy. No more FitBit for us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SusanSheldon You have definitely made your point and the effort to join today is admirable. Why did it take you so long go join..?

You wouldn't have too many privacy issues in a few hours

@SusanSheldon wrote:

They took this away on purpose, it's not a bug. They intended to muck with people's privacy. No more FitBit for us. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I would like to be able to be invisible for my fitbit friends to pick my name for any challenges. I've always been available and like it that way, but for the next 6 weeks while I'm recovering from surgery it would be nice if I didn't have to decline sooo many invites. 

I would like this feature to be returned to users. 

Best Answer

Hey @GigiSings.

I absolutely understand where you are coming from. Please do know that we take all comments like this seriously and we're looking for ways to improve the overall Fitbit experience. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

If you do not mind me saying it, I hope you recovery goes well and that you get better faster than estimated. 

Feel free to let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi  Fitbit Moderators,

Just want to let you know that I have logged back on after being away for a while and saw that I can no longer unrank myself.  I have had to defriend all of my friends so that I can get my privacy.  It is fair to say that you have lost a long term customer now,  I will wait until this fitbit is no more and than I will defect to something else.  I am letting you know, so that you will actually listen to the nearly 100 people that have bothered to comment - and there are probably many more that haven't bothered.

Kind regards

Eve

Best Answer
I am no looking ne’er using my firbit😪
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am wondering why you will not let me opt out of rankings? I feel that I should have the right to choose this option. Seriously considering other options for my exercise program if this is not available.

Best Answer
0 Votes