Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Historical data has changed!!!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Surge.  Since 1/1/18, I have recorded my dashboard data on a spreadsheet, to compare my Fitbit-estimated calorie burn to my steps and activity levels on a day by day basis.  Today, on my dashboard,  I see that Fitbit has CHANGED my daily "actual" burned totals, going back to Feb 17, 2018. Between 8 and 21 calories have been removed from each days total. How is this possible?  Why?  I compare this almost daily so I know something happened on the last 4 days.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Have you updated your weight in fitbit (or other profile setting)? I'm wondering if such changes are applied to previous days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @greenlish. Thanks for chiming in to help @SteveH.

That sounds quite bothersome.

@greenlish, like @SteveH mentioned, did you change the weight recently? That could lead to the calculations of how many calories you run to be changed.

If that is not the case, or you have any questions, please let us know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi and thanks for the responses.  I did indeed change a weight entry, so it sounds like that's what happened;  the only caveat is that the entry I changed did not go as far back as the change in historical data.  However, I can live with the notion that as I drop weight, my body is becoming more efficient.  Thanks again.

Best Answer

Hey @greenlish.

Glad to read that it made sense and that it was a weight change. 

It can be motivating to see how your body becomes more efficient as you lose weight. Glad that you like the thought.

If you have time, perhaps you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about and share with other Forum members.

Hope to see you around.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes