Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly steps activity not being logged in Dashboard

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I consider the prompting & tracking of activity every hour (250 steps minimum) to be the most important health benefit of FitBit.

My Fitbit Charge 5 is syncing to the Dashboard & App for daily Total steps, Zone minutes, Miles and Calories. Also, my Sleep duration and Health metrics (BR, SpO2, RHR, HRV, Skin temp variation) are syncing.

However, the Hourly steps activity is not being logged in the Dashboard or App, and this is becoming quite a disincentive to keep up with hourly activity.

The issue started after midday on December 29.  On the morning of December 30 the dashboard was logging hourly activity again, but again stopped after midday. On December 31 the dashboard continued ALL day to not log hourly steps. On the morning of January 1st the dashboard was logging hourly activity again, but stopped at 2PM. Today, January 2nd, the dashboard has not yet (as of midday) synced any of the hourly activities.

I have restarted my FitBit several times over the past few days, I have restarted my phone, I have verified the bluetooth connection to Charge 5, I have cleared cache for the App, I have cleared data for the App (and so had to login/connect again).  Nothing helps!

I have probably wasted 2 hours of my time trying to get my hourly activity to sync to the Dashboard & App.

It seems there is a recurring failure in the FitBit server process that is syncing hourly activity (250+ steps). As far as I know, FitBit (or is it Google?) are not reporting the on-going issue to their user base.  It is disheartening that Fitbit do not have a grip on the situation, nor have a process in place to alert users to the outage, so that they do not waste their time trying to fix the sync issue themselves.

----

So, today (Jan. 2nd) the Dashboard and App now show the 3 PM hour with activity, but not the previous hours.  (My Charge 5 shows 6 of 8 hours with activity)

It is a flawed sync process that only picks up the latest hour, and doesn't catch up on the previous hours today.  (I think catch-up of previous days would not be possible since the Charge 5 does not appear to have functionality for anything other than current day)

LOL - my Fitbit Dashboard is taunting me with "1 of 8 hours.  You can definitely beat this!"

Sorry, Fitbit / Google - it is your sync servers that need to step up their game!

I've had previous problems with syncing of hourly activity, but they generally lasted one day.  This New Year period has been exceptionally poor for 5 days now.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

I don’t have an answer and hope someone does but I’m curious as to if you migrated to the Google app. I’m still on the Fitbit app and haven’t had an issue. Desktop looks OK too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hello vee - that is interesting, but I'm not sure what you mean by "migrated to the Google app."

I am using the Fitbit App version 4.06.7, which features the Today, Coach and You tabs at the bottom of the screen, and which I believe was released that way after Google's acquisition.

I'm also using the web browser dashboard at https://www.fitbit.com/

Your post prompted me to download the Google Fit app from the Play Store, but I don't see a way to integrate my Fitbit device into that app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When did you get your Fitbit? If it’s recently  ( within the past several months) you are probably on the Google hosted app by default. Old timers are asked if we want to migrate to Google. I know, odd. And if we do migrate we can’t see our friends on the Fitbit app side !!
before Google bought Fitbit,   Fitbit hosted the app. Google was not involved at all. But now We are told that by 2025 we will have to move to the Google app which apparently looks the same and has the same version number but I’m not positive about that. People just seem to have more trouble once they switch to the Google hosted app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the Fitbit Thanksgiving 2022, over a year ago.

Today, Jan. 4 it did not sync any of my hourly activity. After a week, this is really disincentivizing me from getting out of my chair during the work

IMG_20240104_162831519.jpg

day. My Charge 5 shoes only 3 hours. Usually I average 7 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

In agreement, I regret migrating yo Google. My tracker is just a mess. Spending too much time trying yo sort this out but not getting anyway. I wish I could roll back to Fitbit original not this marriage, with Google which has too many problems 

Best Answer

Google's Fitbit is syncing my steps, calories and miles

IMG_20240105_215716239.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

But, Google Fitbit is failing to sync my hourly steps activity. Syncing only 2 of the 8 hours I did today.

IMG_20240105_222221660.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

This shows the stated purpose for hourly activity, which to me is a primary health objective.

It is very disappointing that I cannot track my hourly non-sedentary activity - for more than one week now? 

Fitbit_Why_Hourly_Activity_Important.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_20240105_215716239.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I don’t have an answer except that Fitbit has been neglecting the computer dashboard that many people like and also neglecting customer satisfaction. So many negative changes over the past year!!  

Best Answer

IMG_20240115_152933707.jpg

Just an update that the Hourly Activity issue is still occurring for me. This has been going on for over 2 weeks now. Yesterday (Jan 14) the Dashboard / App correctly synced the 7 of 8 hours of activity I had done (I think that was the first recent day it had synced all hours correctly), but today the Dashboard / App has only synced 4 of the 8 hours I have done.

I'm convinced there is no issue on my side. My FitBit device is syncing all my steps/miles and my sleep data, with my phone App and Dashboard. This has to be something going on in the servers / database behind the Dashboard / App.

But no-one else is reporting having the same issue. Hmmmm.

Best Answer

IMG_20240121_192227586.jpg

Google continues to unreliably sync FitBit Hourly activity,

GOOGLE: if you think FitBit failures will drive consumers to Google Pixel Watch you are TOTALLY WRONG!

My wife and child have already given up on Google and switched to Apple. If Google/Alphabet is to survive it needs to prove it can deliver reliability 24x365..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Google!  You can definitely beat this!

Will someone from Google PLEASE step up to honestly explain why my FitBit syncs steps/miles/sleep, but is unreliable in syncing hourly activity.

Why should anyone trust that Google is accurately reporting Sleep statistics and Health Metrics (BR, SpO2, RHR, HRV, Skin temp variation) when you can't reliably sync the Hourly Activity ?

IMG_20240122_174353259.jpg

Best Answer

Another day, another Google failure!

@google, you bought FitBit, so you are now responsible for the failure of FitBit products to correctly record history data.

Why would anyone trust a Pixel Watch when you don't (or) won't fix what you bought.

IMG_20240123_174245887.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes