Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change the start date on my dashboard?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my first Fitbit Charge 2.  But I had created an account online back in January out of curiosity.  Now when I lose weight, it says, for example, I lost a pound since January.  When in reality it has only been a week.  Smiley LOL  How do I fix this?  How do I change the start date on my account?  Thanks so much!

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

I contacted FitBit and they said this can't be done, but they can delete everything so you can start from scratch.

This is where FitBit fails, the start date should be the date you got the device, not when you installed the app to check it out. There should of been a warning by Fitbit that all your data is going to be messed up if you test the app without a device.  Or give you the option to delete the past empty data when you first sync the device.

I don't want to start over like many other users and don't understand why something so simple can't be done. 

Best Answer

Happy to see new people stepping into the Community! Hey @BeYoutifullyFit @TBasZ!

@BeYoutifullyFit The start date would be the date that you originally opened your account. While it is not possible to change that date, you could create a new account to start from scratch or you could contact our Support Team. I'm sure they will be able to help you look for an alternative.

@TBasZ Thank you very much for your feedback on changing the start date. Being able to edit your start date could be a very good idea so that people can get an actual representation of their progress. I'd recommend that you create a post in our Feature Suggestions board. There other users can vote or comment on your idea to show their support.

Let me know if you have any questions. Enjoy the Forums! Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Hello actually I figured it out.  I deleted the weight on my start date from back in Jan.  Now my first weight logged in is the one I created this week.  So now it says, the correct amount.  Lost _3 pounds_since Dec. 5th not Jan. 3rd.   So I guess if anyone else asks, just tell them to delete the start weight and that should fix the problem.

Best Answer

I actually figured it out on my own, lol.  I deleted the weight I submitted on from January when I opened the account.  Now it shows correctly, that I lost 3 pounds since Dec. 3rd which is my real start date.  Surprised the company didn't know that.  But now they do 🙂

Best Answer

Hey there @BeYoutifullyFit!  Smiley Very Happy

I apologize as I was under the impression you wanted to change the start date from your Fitbit account as a whole! 

That's actually a great work around. I'll be sure to have your post in mind whenever someone is having the same issue. Thank you very much for sharing that.

Hope to see you around the Community!

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this very same experience. I have had a fit bit of some sort for nearly 4 years now. But I wanted to start with a new program I was doing in January. I called Fitbit support - and they were ever so helpful! We "deleted" my account, and then logged it back in 🙂 wallah I was reset completely! Give them a call, they are really quite wonderful and very helpful! 

Best Answer

Thanks for joining the Forums @XtieHere!

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience in here! It's great to read that you started a new program and were able to start from scratch. I'm sure you will do awesome!

Hope to see you around the Community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's really not a great workaround, because it still says "You've lost X pounds since Y" and Y does not change.  If one starts losing weight, stops their journey for a while, and wants to start over, they should be able to reset their start date.  It's such a basic thing -- literally, updating one column in a database table.

Best Answer

You have to delete the weight on the first start date you entered. Once you do that it will restart the date and you can enter a new weight with today's date.

Best Answer

Hello @qweqwe! Thanks for joining the Forums.

On top of what @qweqwe, whenever you select a new food plan, you should get the option to manually enter a new start date, like in the picture below:startdate.PNG

Hope you find this useful! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It would still be nice to get rid of the "Joined" date.  I had a similar experience.  I bought a FitBit and started an account. I didn't like it and returned it.   A year later, I have bought a newer version of Fitbit and want to get started on my health journey.  Unfortunately, I used the old account and started plugging info in not realizing that the date couldn't be fixed.  If I had known in advance, I would have deleted my account and started over.  Now I have a weeks' worth of data and don't want to delete it.  I will make it work, but there should be an easier way.

Best Answer