Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete a nickname

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
When I first got my HR I put my nickname but now I would like to change it so my name appears on the challenges I participate in.
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@KrisJeff Welcome to the Fitbit Community! To change your nickname go to your online dashboard settings and under "personal info" you will find the option to change the nickname. Remember to save the profile afterwards and sync your tracker. I left a picture below showing how that looks! 

nickname.png

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

@KrisJeff Welcome to the Fitbit Community! To change your nickname go to your online dashboard settings and under "personal info" you will find the option to change the nickname. Remember to save the profile afterwards and sync your tracker. I left a picture below showing how that looks! 

nickname.png

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I do not have a nickname option. Is this a glitch?

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @MollyDebra. Keep in mind that this option is only for the Fitbit One. Could you please tell me which tracker you have?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

im on a fitbit charge hr and i also don't have that "nickname" option on my account. any help

Best Answer

Capture.JPG

Need to know how to change this user name on my fitbit profile. I have the ability to change my personal name but i want to change this nickname

Best Answer

Hello there @residentjc! Glad to see you around.

In this case I'd recommend that you get in touch with our Customer Support team. I'm sure they will be happy to review the situation with you. 

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

All Fitbit devices should have the option to change a user's nickname. It makes no sense whatsoever that only one of trackers out of all those offered would allow this.

Best Answer

Thanks  for stepping into the Community @Virgoz28!

Have you tried contacting Customer Support? I'm sure they will be happy to help you.

Hope to see you around!

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well since contacting Support is the only way to do it for all products except one of them, I will obviously be doing that.

My point is - I shouldn't even have to do that. This is something that a user should be able to do on their own account without assistance for any Fitbit product. It's absurd that only one Fitbit product allows a user to do so, but none of the other products allow it. This is something they need to correct.

Best Answer

Hi there @Virgoz28!

Thank you very much for your feedback in regards to the nickname! We're always looking for ways to get better and give you all the best experience possible. Please be sure that your feedback has not gone unnoticed.

Hope to see you around the Forums! 

Best Answer

Here was the response I got today (16/1/17) re this issue

"We appreciate for letting us know your concern. Your nickname not should appear in your dashboard because the 'Nickname' field has been removed from the Personal Information. In the online dashboard our users no longer have the option to set or change a nickname. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any inconvenience it's caused. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track."

Best Answer

I still think it's stupid - but thank you so much for the update. It's much more helpful than the canned "we're always looking for ways to improve ..." response.

Best Answer

@SantiR I went to settings and personal info. I did not see a nickname option. All I see is my actual name. How do I do this? Whenever I do challenges, I see a nickname I do not want

Miryam
Best Answer

See previous response from Applewood - apparently we cannot update this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Miriam_la! It's great to have you on the Forums.

Like @Virgoz28 mentioned, this is an issue that out team is currently working on. Whenever we do have any updates on the matter we will be sure to let everyone know! 

Thank you very much for your patience!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The dashboard no longer looks like this screenshot. There is no option to edit the nickname on the profile settings. Am I stuck with the nickname I first gave myself? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For now, apparently yep. Read through the last 5 or so pervious comments.

Best Answer

Fortunately, this problem is finally fixed. I have the fitbit app and with a new update, I managed to change my nickname. Thank you fitbit team!

Miryam
Best Answer

Hi and welcome to the Forums @Miriam_la!

Absolutely, the situation with the nicknames has been resolved and now everyone should be able to change the information to be exactly what they need.

Feel free to let me know if there are any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes