Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I go back ? I switched to google & no longer see my friends

ANSWERED

I want to go back before it’s too late! 
I switched to google by mistake! 
Loved Fitbit for the motivation now nothing! 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@lovethesale76 

Once you move your account to Google, there is no moving back.

To see your friends , you'll need to have them move their accounts to Google.

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@lovethesale76 

Once you move your account to Google, there is no moving back.

To see your friends , you'll need to have them move their accounts to Google.

Gary D.| Feeding Hills, MA MBG PE

Charge HR, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire 2, Charge 4, Charge 5, Pixel Watch 2

Best Answer

Hi @lovethesale76. A warm welcome to the forums.

Thank you for sharing the inquiry regarding your account. 

As @gdio53 said, there is no way to moving back to Fitbit once you have moved to Google. However, I'd like to remember the benefits to move to Google:

• Single Google login to manage your connected apps and paired devices.
  • Google’s industry-leading privacy and security with added, unified privacy controls.
  • Continued commitment to privacy, as your Fitbit health and wellness data won’t be used for Google Ads and will continue to be kept separate from Google Ads.

If you'd know more information about it, please visit: What should I know about moving Fitbit to my Google Account?

Thanks @gdio53 for helping.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed! I feel like I took the wrong fork road and now there’s no going back 😩

Best Answer

So it seems the benefits in google are all to do with system/security and nothing to do with fitness /health.  I'm all about tracking my health stats and really hate that fitbit is now linked to something else - I was very happy with the old app.  Really miss the sleep features/display.  The new dashboard is soooo difficult to read - graphics too small to see even with my reading glasses on I'm struggling, and hard to understand.  I need a new device too soon - have had a fitbit forever mostly because I loved the app.  Might have to see what else is on the market.

---

Pretty sure I didn't choose to move to the new format, it just happened!

Best Answer

The latest fitbit update has ruined the last remaining fitbit feature that that was not decimated by google!!

The sleep, tracking features were colorful, informative, and easy to read. Now, as with all of the Google updates to Fitbit, sleep, tracking features are monochromatic, confusing, and difficult to read!

What happened to all of the App designers who were working with Fitbit? Evidently they didn’t transition to Google! I believe that Google is trying to destroy Fitbit in order to get all the Fitbit customers to purchase Google trackers!
I am so disgusted with the Google takeover of Fitbit! 😡

Best Answer

Dealing with the Google app is a pain in the app! I'm thinking about canceling my account and starting a new one. Does anyone have any ideas as to whether this will work or not? I can't see my dashboard!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm feeling the same - can't remember when i got my first Fitbit, many, many years ago and i have loved it, especially the sleep tracking features.  the continual 'improvements' all seem retrograde to me, very disappointing.  How are you finding the Garmin?  What's the app like?

Best Answer
Hi

It did not work

I switched to an Apple Watch

Good luck

Stacia
Best Answer

This post is totally B.S. Google is not looking out for our privacy or safety. They have a terrible track record for safe guarding our data and personal information.

Best Answer

I’m thinking the same way. Absolutely looking for something else to track my health after more than 10 years with Fitbit.

Best Answer

How about when your friends have moved to Google and you can't add your friends and they can't add you?

---

How about a fix to add friends once you and your friends have moved to Google. It's not working 

Best Answer
0 Votes