Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set the time on my Fitbit?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

how to set time

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You can't manually set the time, but it should reset itself whenever it syncs to your phone based on the time on that device. Does your fitbit seem to be syncing ok?

If you have yet to setup your fitbit to enable syncing then this guide may help: Help article: How do I set up my tracker?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

You can't manually set the time, but it should reset itself whenever it syncs to your phone based on the time on that device. Does your fitbit seem to be syncing ok?

If you have yet to setup your fitbit to enable syncing then this guide may help: Help article: How do I set up my tracker?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @nwapaa001. Thanks for sharing your Fitbit time inquiry.

Sync your Fitbit device to see the correct time. For more information, see How do Fitbit devices sync their data?

Thanks for your help @SteveH.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

I live in the Eastern Time zone. I visited the central time zone for about a week. My Fitbit inspire HR synced to Central Time but now that I have returned to Eastern Time, it will not sync back.

My Fitbit app shows eastern time in various time statistics.

I have tried sinking the Fitbit, attaching the Fitbit to the charger and holding down the button until I get the :-), then syncing, and switching clock faces. However, the Fitbit device will not switch back to Eastern Time.

Best Answer

@Chipbill It's great to see you in the Community! 

Thanks for the details shared on your post and for the troubleshooting tried prior posting. 

If the time is still not updating even though your Fitbit device is properly syncing, I recommend doing the following: 

• In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab then your profile picture and then find App Settings
  • Tap Time zone and then turn off the Set Automatically option.
  • After 10 seconds turn on the "Set Automatically" option again and input the right time zone and sync.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer

Cindy - 

Thanks. Going to the app settings allowed me to resolve the issue. I found that the automatic setting of the time from the network was off and the zone selected was Central. I selected the automatic setting and that resolved the issue.

I don't recall fiddling with the settings when I got to CT but I must have otherwise how could I have found them changed to what they were?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Chipbill Thanks for your help. 

It's great to hear that you were able to get the correct time. Please note that usually the Automatically option is turned on by default, but it's possible that after an update it turned off by itself. I appreciate all your efforts to fix the difficulties experienced.

See you around. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit recent stopped syncing time appropriately.  It’s always a half hour behind 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to our new friend @Molaprade

Thanks for letting me know about the difficulties with the time on your Fitbit Versa Lite. I'd like to confirm if you have tried the instructions provided on this post

If you already did and your Fitbit doesn't keep the right time, let's try some troubleshooting steps for syncing as listed here

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When the best answer says it can’t be done manually and redirects to sync mode and you can’t find info in the manual, you know Fitbit coders do not get how to make it “idiot” customer friendly. And whoever is monitoring our posts does not have a clue what they are doing. Total irony- do a Google search. See what you find. Good luck’ 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LexiesMom Welcome to the Community Forums. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your feedback. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. 

Please note that on the previous versions for the Fitbit app the sync Now option was available to manually sync the Fitbit devices, but this function was removed, now you can do this process by opening the Fitbit app, press and hold on the screen and pull down. For more information see, How do Fitbit devices sync their data?

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its sync to my phone but it still hasnt set the time

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome! It's great to see you around @Sheenasimpson56.

Thanks for taking the time to share what you've experienced with the time on your Fitbit device. If it is properly syncing, but the time is not updating, I recommend doing the following: 

• In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab then your profile picture and then find App Settings
  • Tap Time zone and then turn off the Set Automatically option.
  • After 10 seconds turn on the "Set Automatically" option again and input the right time zone and sync.

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

My Futbit no longer changes time zones or changes with daylight savings.  It used to.

Best Answer

This information is very useful but is hard to find.  It would be good if it was included in your troubleshooting guide.

Best Answer

Watch will not send sync with my time I tried several times the battery is filled but it will not display the correct timing even after synchronizing

Best Answer

Was this ever resolved. I'm having the same problem 

Best Answer
Yes. I finally got it changed.
Best Answer

It does not change when synced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you. It was set on wrong time zone.

Best Answer