Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deselect iphone from tracking steps so fitbit does (I already connected the fitbit)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How to deselect iphone from tracking steps so fitbit does? I already connected the fitbit in apps.

I want to deselect iphone somehow and don't see how. It overrides the fitbit, but fitbit has more steps, so I prefer that for tracking.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Katexr and welcome to the Community.  It sounds like you want to turn off MobileTrack.  This advice was given by a different user.  Go to your iPhone Settings > Fitbit > Motion & Fitness > toggle it off.  To be fair, I have no personal experience turning it on or off.  I don't know if the app will start to nag you to turn the feature back on.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

unfortunately that didn't work. After I did that I selected SYNC on MY Fitness Pal and on the Fitbit and it still is seeing my iphone steps vs my fitbit steps. Fitbit is connected in the Fitness Pal app. I also deselected the other items in MyFitness pals "apps and devices" menu and ht sync again. It still sees iphone steps vs fitbit's. I also restarted my iphone. Weird.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Katexr   If you tap on your profile avatar and go to your Account page, is MobileTrack listed as a device?  @Julia_G gave different directions in this thread. 

I'm also flagging this to get a moderator to help.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @Katexr , do you have a Fitbit tracker or watch that you use to track your steps?  Which Fitbit is it?

This does not sound like a Mobile Track issue to me.  I think the iPhone is linked to MyFitnessPal which is a specific iPhone facility. I would suggest going to your MyFitnessPal account and turning off the “step tracking”

In the MyFitnessPal app's "More" page, tap "Settings" then "Steps." and choose “turn off step tracking”.

Then, assuming you have a Fitbit device, follow these instructions to link your Fitbit to My Fitness Pal.  There’s a good step by step guide here 

That should disable your iPhone step tracking link and force it to use your Fitbit device instead. 

It would probably also work if you are using MobileTrack, but as I mentioned in the other thread this is pretty much a legacy facility which links your phone tracking to your Fitbit app, so probably not relevant.

Let us know if this helps.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

@Julia_G @LZeeW , Than you for  your help and your insights. 

@Katexr , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your efforts. 

In the Fitbit App when you tap on your profile picture, do you see MobileTrack listed? If not this means that the steps come from some other app that you might have connected to your Fitbit account. 

In that case, you'll have to go over all your apps and verify how and if they track steps using the sensors on your phone. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes