Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get credit for Cross Country skiing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Winter has returned and today I CX skied for hour & 30 minutes.  I was very excited to see how my Fitbit would record this.  I was very disappointed when I check......no record, not even active minutes.  Could someone out there advise me how, or if possible to do this.  I am a very active skier and would like to

keep track of this activity. 

SportyGirl

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for stopping by @SportyGirl! I hope you are doing great today. I wanted to follow up on your post and make sure you were able to log your Cross Country Skiing on your Dashboard by following the recommendation @Sev123 provided?

If so, I invite you to mark @Sev123 post as the solution. Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member while also highlighting their solution so that it may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions here.

Good luck!

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

Hi.  You can log your activity and get credit for active minutes and calories burnt.  Just go to track exercise and log your time for cross country skiing.  It's so great that you are getting outside active time in the winter! 

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @SportyGirl! I hope you are doing great today. I wanted to follow up on your post and make sure you were able to log your Cross Country Skiing on your Dashboard by following the recommendation @Sev123 provided?

If so, I invite you to mark @Sev123 post as the solution. Marking posts as solutions is a great way of thanking another community member while also highlighting their solution so that it may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions here.

Good luck!

Best Answer

I just tried to enter cross country skiing. Unless I put in calories burnt, it wouldn't give me any credit for doing anything. What am I doing wrong?

Best Answer

@barbjoey I recommend that you try logging this activity using a computer, in case you are using a mobile device. You should see the calories as an optional choice when logging the activity. Here is an example:

cross country skiing.jpg

Try it one more time and let me know if you still have difficulties logging it.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I skied today ( cross country ) an used the “bike” exercise mode, and I got what I wanted, distance, puls, speed, etc.. ( the gps wasn’t as precise as the other watch I used. But from what I can see at the forum it’s an issue you are working on with the Ionic ) But why cant you make it possible to edit the exercise afterwords from “bike” to “cross country skiing? When I do it, it just jumps back to “bike” after a few seconds. 

Is this something that will come in the new updates?

Best Answer

My Fitbit flex 2 records my stats when I "track" during cross country skiing but it will only record it as run walk or hike. If I "log" it as skiing does that then double the exercise? Or is there a way to tell the tracker to call it skiing instead? 

Best Answer

How Do I enter cross country skiing into an activity to track on my dashboard?

Best Answer

Skiing is not a option. Your solution doesn't work. 

Best Answer

There is no solution to this, so how to track xc skiing? List of activities is ridiculously short considering tracking activities is the sole job of Fitbit. 

Best Answer

People have been asking for this for YEARS.  They're too busy trying to sell you new models which STILL won't track what you're really doing.

Best Answer

I agree. My five year old Samsung Gear S2 could track Cross Country Skiing. Super annoying my one year old Fitbit Versa can't. 

Best Answer

I did it using Strava. Fitbit Sense detected my cross country skiing as swimming and elliptical workout.  We should really have list of activities expanded broadly.

Best Answer

It appears this has been a request for years and Fitbit refuses to expand. I suggest buying an iwatch. Apple has every sport known to man listed including cross country skiing

Best Answer

I am disappointed that a such a smart device as the Sense can start my car, pay for my coffee, but does not offer tracking for cross country skiing.  I track my skiing as a hike, use the hike stats to log previous exercise, then delete the hike, otherwise it shows a hike plus cross Country ski..... C'mon Fitbit, you guys gotta do better than that.  With such a smart device as the Sense....... Put MORE exercise options for your loyal users.... I really find it annoying to record my skiing manually..... That is OLD SCHOOL TECH. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the information shared on your posts and for your feedback. We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. I suggest giving us your idea and suggestion about cross country skiing exercise through our Ideas board.

If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the encouragement. However, the problem is that cross-country skiing has been suggested for years and polite responses have been made to the effect that Fitbit will consider it. But nothing is done.

Action, not endless words.

Be well!

Best Answer

no auto recognize? I'm not going to enter cross country skiing exercise details 5 times/wk

Best Answer

Boggles the mind that Fiibit aren't able to add x-country skiing. Time to shop around and move on to another device 🤨

Best Answer

Why don't you just say you can't add cross country skiing. There are no suggestions that work. Such posts are completely unhelpful!

Best Answer