Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset days of data?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

Is there anyway of removing days that you have not worn your fitbit from your stats calculations? I often forget to put it on or don't want to be wearing it and I would like to be able to delete those days so I can see an average of my steps and calorie burn discounting those days. 
Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the forums!

If you not wearing it then it only the Calorie burn that's there. The is not way to delete it.

The calories burned are BMR calories. Your fitbit also calculates calories burned for your BMR. You burn calories just by being alive! Even Sleeping. Fitbit includes these burned calories in it's calorie calculations, so even if you did not wear the fitbit, you'll still burn these calories.

Read this

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-does-Fitbit-know-how-many-calories-I-ve-burne...

Hope to see you around the forums!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi @WendyB,

I think what @Olivia101 is getting at is, days with no steps (due to not wearing), end up bringing down the weekly and monthly averages. Even if the tracker had no data besides calories burned, fitbit will still use that calendar day for step averages.

If that's the case, I don't know of any way to exclude days from the counts. It might be an interesting idea to propose on the Suggestion Board on this site.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer