Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the time on my Fitbit?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do I set the time on my Fitbit?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@Carol1957 -

Your device's time is set when you sync the device to your mobile app (iOS, Android, Windows 10, or FitBit Connect for non-mobile platforms).

It is my experience that the time difference between my Versa 2 and iPhone 8 is rarely more than 4 seconds. I just took short break after typing the last sentence - two second difference.

Now, if you have recently gone from one timezone to another, and do not keep your mobile app running, whether in the foreground or background, your device will stay in the timezone it was in the last time you sync'd.

Hopefully this helps - welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

From 12 to 24 hors?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kentpersson -

On the fitbit.com dashboard click on the "gear" icon at the top right of the page and select "Settings".

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 10.25.12 AM.png

That should take you to the "Personal Info" page If it does not, click on the "Personal Info" link on the left hand side of the page.

Scroll down to "Advanced Settings" and find "CLOCK DISPLAY TIME". Click on it and select "12 hour" "24 hour".

Click on the "Submit" button at the bottom right of the screen.

Sync your device.

Good luck and welcome to the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I need to know how to change from 24 to 12 hours...any help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RogerWill -

Using the same instructions in my earlier post in this thread select "12 hour".

<<edit>> that would be the post from August 25th not from August 18th.<</edit>>

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried, it didn’t work. I’ve had trouble in the past with this same thing. ☹

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

@RogerWill Thank you for getting in touch about this. I would like you to make sure you're following these instructions to change your clock to a 12 or 24 hour clock: 

1. From the fitbit.com dashboard, click the gear icon 

> Settings > Personal Info.

2. Under Advanced Settings, find Clock Display Time and select whether you want the time shown in 12-hour or 24-hour clock units.
  3. Click Submit and sync your device.

Let me know how the troubleshooting goes. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes