Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise TCX files exporting "other" information

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Imorted from TCX from fitbit dashboardImorted from TCX from fitbit dashboardSynced activitySynced activityI have recently downloaded a large amount of excersies in TCX format (manually from each activity through Dashboard -> Activities). I have imported these files in to a couple different websites/programs to analysie, edit and get a complete history of my activities.

The files once imported, provide data during the activity which is usually considered "irrelevant". An example in this case is that, the information (distance, time, speed HR etc) while the activity has been paused on either FitBit surge or VIA the Fit Bit app on IOS, has also been included with the TCX files.

The inclusion of this information, makes the majority of the TCX file useless as there is ALOT of information that ruins it.

A few examples -

1) Imported TCX file duration was approx 2.5hours long, where the actual time of activity was 0.5hours (I had this on pause for 2 hours).

2) When entering buldings, the activities are paused as the GPS signals are usually affected.The extra information provides the degraded GPS data which goes all over the place. This affects the speed/pace information also as I "travel" (according to the degraded GPS) in large distances in short amount of time. This is quite clear on maps as it looks like a drawing from a 1 year old.

In the past (not for all activities on Fitbit dashboard), I have used another website, which has each been shared to it immediatly, the imformation on this website is accurate. However I am unable to download from this website

The reason I am trying to do this is because I have activity information over 3 different sources and I am trying to have everthing in one place.

Information which is "synced" between websites or programs is fine. The problem is the exported TCX files.

Attached photos show the differences in the Speed with the imported TCX file and the online synced version'

"synced version" definition - either copy availible on fitibt dashboard to view, or Fitbit electronically provides the data to a third party by allowing "app permissions", I then sync the 3rd party data with a 4th party application which I use to combine all activities

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0