Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally reset my weight loss goal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, I've lost 25lbs but I went and set a new goal and now it says I have lost 0lbs since the date I set that new goal. Is there any way to get it to go back to reflecting my toal weight loss?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community @NYCypher. Please go to the Food tab and locate the Plan Summary. Select Edit Plan and click Edit button shown in the screen shot below.

goal.jpg

Enter the date when you started your goal and your original weight.

goal2.jpg

Enter your new weight and your goal.

goal3.jpg

weight.jpg

This will get you back on track.

I moved this thread to the Dashboard board because it is more related to the topic. Keep up the super stepping. Robot Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59

Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community @NYCypher. Please go to the Food tab and locate the Plan Summary. Select Edit Plan and click Edit button shown in the screen shot below.

goal.jpg

Enter the date when you started your goal and your original weight.

goal2.jpg

Enter your new weight and your goal.

goal3.jpg

weight.jpg

This will get you back on track.

I moved this thread to the Dashboard board because it is more related to the topic. Keep up the super stepping. Robot Very Happy

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
Thanks! EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!
Best Answer

This actually didn't work for me.  I followed the steps, changed the date, clicked Save in the bottom right corner, but it still displays the original date. 😞  Any other suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nerdysquirrel welcome to the Fitbit family! Hey, you could try setting a new weight goal and starting all over again. First, go to your Food Log and click to edit your Food plan:

edit foood plan.png

And then clicking on Set a new goal:

Set a new goal.png

Note that this will override your current Food Plan. Let me know if this works for you!

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

This was pefect thank you helped me loads!! took me a second to find the food summary not knowing i had to scroll aross in the second box but worked a treat thank you!!! Smiley Happy 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to our new friend @Nataliep28! I'm so glad to read that this was helpful to you! Hope to see you around more often. Cat Wink

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

How can this be done in the new dashboard?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jesca25 Welcome to the forums! I'm a little confused by your question. As far as I know, there is no new Web Dashboard. Please clarify this for me, I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Cat Wink

Best Answer

i have a windows 10 app and dashboard on chrome. None of the panels will allow me to change the date. This really sucks, because i've been going for a YEAR, when pre-coffee the other morning a GREAT BIT RED NOTICE SAID "SET YOUR WEIGHT GOAL!" 

so i thought that weird because i thought i did that a year ago, but pre-coffee me hit the link and reset it in a blink, before the me that actually makes good decisions woke up.

now i am zero percent toward my goal and i truly want to hit something. Please help.

Best Answer

@mnashp thanks for joining us! Hey, that's pretty weird. Have you tried clearing your browser's cookies and cache? That sometimes does the trick!

Why don't you try from Fitbit.com itself? That could be it. Hey, just out of curiosity, have you tried the suggestions posted by @EdsonFitbit here? Or my suggestions here? Do let me know! Cat Very Happy

Best Answer

Started a weight loss goal on November 1st, but when i updated my goal, it reset to the current date. This thread is what I am looking for, but I think the whole web page format changed since this help. How do I change the beginning weight to a day in the past now? 

Best Answer

@Wimzee welcome to the forums! Yes it has changed but @EdsonFitbit's post still works to change your weight loss goal. Where it got confusing for me was where I needed to locate Plan Summary under the Log > Food. You have to go to your Food Plan tile and scroll to the right with the little arrow there:

how to access weight loss goal.png

Then, keep scrolling until you get to your Plan Summary. There you'll need to click the Edit Plan button: 

how to access weight goal loss 2.png

That will pop up the Edit Weight Goal tile:

how to access weight goal loss 3.png

After that you can definitely use @EdsonFitbit's post to guide you through the end of the process. Good luck and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

FYI - I accidentally did this on my phone today.  I followed the instructions above on the dashboard, and my phone goal reset to the original.  Just in case anyone else is looking for this info.

Best Answer

@RRBish thanks a million for sharing this with the rest of the Community! That's what the Community is alll about; finding quick solutions, sharing knowledge and best practices. This is definitely going to help other users also experiencing the same issue. Hope to see you around more often. Smiley Wink

Oh and by the way welcome to the Fitbit family! Heart

Best Answer

It will allow me to reset my original weight, but no matter what date I select, the system switched is to either September 6th or 7th every time. I've tried 50-60 times and it keeps changing the date on me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Warren8 welcome aboard! Thanks for joining us. Smiley Happy Have you tried clearing your browser's cookies and cache? Also, try logging out and then logging back again. Proceed once or twice to edit your weight goal. If you're still unable to go through, please post me a screenshot so I can see what you're seeing. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am close to my 2017 weight loss goal and am thinking about setting a new 10 pound goal; however, I don't want to lose sight of what I have already lost.  Will my dashboard continue to show the total weight loss, including pounds lost in addition to my goal or does it stop tracking after the goal is 100% achieved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Indy2017 congrats on achieving your weight loss goal for 2017! That's totally awesome. Smiley Tongue Smiley Wink That's a very good question. Actually, your weight loss history will still be there even if you achieve your weight loss goal and your weight loss logs as well. Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any other inquiry, I'll be around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all this and re entered each weeks weight and I still can't get it back my total weight loss from June 1 on my iPad dashboard.

Thx!

Best Answer
0 Votes