Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I didn't receive my Urban boot badge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All.

I am having a Fitbit since 2017. All worked fine.

On Jan 31st 2021 I did 23476 steps and received high tops, urban boot, sneakers and boat shoe badge so all OK.

On Feb 6th 2021 I did 15016 steps. I only received the sneakers and the boat shoe. However it is more than 15K so I should have received the urban boot as well.

I switched Fitbit from Alta HR to Inspire 2 on Feb 9th 2021. However this does not help for my problem. 

Yesterday Feb 18th I did 15161 steps and again I am missing again the urban boot badge.

Strange, I see my friend do get this badge and higher badges as well so what is going wrong here?

Tried all the obvious, logged out of Fitbit app, restarted phone, logged in again, no difference.

On desktop, exactly the same as on the iPhone app. I am using iOS 14.4 and on the PC chrome. 

Anyone the same and will it ever be fixed?

Thanks and best wishes,

Carola

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Carool31, welcome to the community forums! Thank you for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've followed prior to posting! 

If you have recently manually logged activities, this could be the reason why you haven't received your badge. Please note that badges are only earned while you wear your Fitbit device, meaning manually logged activities do not count toward step badges

Badges are designed to reward your step-based activities that are recorded while you wear your Fitbit device. Manually logged activities are intended to help you track activities that are based on effort rather than steps or distance, so they don't count toward step badges.

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Carool31, welcome to the community forums! Thank you for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've followed prior to posting! 

If you have recently manually logged activities, this could be the reason why you haven't received your badge. Please note that badges are only earned while you wear your Fitbit device, meaning manually logged activities do not count toward step badges

Badges are designed to reward your step-based activities that are recorded while you wear your Fitbit device. Manually logged activities are intended to help you track activities that are based on effort rather than steps or distance, so they don't count toward step badges.

See you around. 

Best Answer

Dear Wilson,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Much appreciated.

I do not log manual activities. The only thing I do (and that is already for years) is that Strava is linking to Fitbit. So also on Jan 31st  did a long hike on Strava that flushed into Fitbit but then all was fine. Strava does not have any steps so I assume the steps do come from the Fitbit, that I always wear (except when charging). Anyhow, this is the only thing I can think of that goes wrong so I have now disables the Strava to fitbit connection.Tomorrow I will do a long run again, so should again go over 15k steps and see if it then works again.

I will come back to you to let you know.

Thanks a lot and best regards, Carola

Best Answer

Hi Wilson

Just an update. I have disabled the Strava coupling and now it all works again. A bit odd as I have had this coupling already for a long time. So also on Jan 31st 2021 when all still worked.

But anyhow, I am happy it is working again and I will keep the strava coupling disabled.

Thanks once more for your help and best wishes,

Carola

Best Answer

@Carool31, thank you very much for the update! 

I'm glad to know that it is working and thanks for finding the solution! I hope you can continue tracking towards your fitness goals and achieve them. Note that if you have additional questions or inquiries, you can reply directly to this thread or create a new one. 

Have a wonderful day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes