Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I went for years with no tracker now my average is terrible

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I returned my Fitbit when the issue with the strap causing a rash affected me. As a result I have been without a Fitbit tracker for over 3 years, though I still had and used the Aria scales during that time. Now that i have bought a Charge 2, my daily step average is very low, reflecting the period of apparent inactivity. Is there any way to start that count fresh? I don't want to lose the weight data of course.

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Elliekennard,

Welcome to the community!

Are you talking about the figure on your friends page?  If so, then I wouldn't do a thing.  This is the average over the course of the last 7 days, so in a week it'll accurately reflect your activity.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Elliekennard,

Welcome to the community!

Are you talking about the figure on your friends page?  If so, then I wouldn't do a thing.  This is the average over the course of the last 7 days, so in a week it'll accurately reflect your activity.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Elliekennard, the simple answer is "no".  The only way you can remove the old data is by 1) Contacting Fitbit Support and asking them to erase the history data, or 2) Creating a new account on Fitbit and start over.  Either way, you will lose the weight data as well as the steps and other data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Frank. That was where I saw the average that was so low. I will wait for the 7 days to see the more accurate figure. Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply Larry. I see from Frank's reply that the figure will start to more accurately reflect my activity after a week. I'll be patient knowing that.

Cheers

Ellie

Best Answer
0 Votes