Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I woke up with 2000 calories already burned!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone - my Fitbit has been working well, but today I woke up with 2000 calories already 'burned'!  And I had actually taken it off my wrist during the night.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might have happened please?  Is this a serious technical breakdown or a curious one-off blip?!  

Many thanks for any thoughts.  John 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @johncairnsread! That's really weird. I've heard other stories where weird things can happen with heart rate, etc, when your tracker is just sitting there. I would assume it's just a one-off situation. Sometimes, there is also an external source of motion, like a fan causing vibrations which are read as steps. To correct this, if you can figure out where the spike came in, you can create an activity called "driving" (make sure you get the actual Fitbit one and don't create your own), which will overwrite any steps or calories that exist for that period.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer

I didn't realize calories are based on steps? I thought it was on HR, though the OP didn't say which tracker it is.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

@WavyDavey, calories can be based on steps or HR, so not knowing which tracker or what the situation exactly was, I just tossed a few possibilities out there!

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer