Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Address banned?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, for some reason, I can't connect to the app when I'm using my home wifi. If I try to sign in while I'm on wifi wifi it won't let me even though I'm using the correct email address and password. If I try to access fitbit.com it tells me my IP address has been banned. I can get on it while using my cell network but it's not very convenient and I've noticed my auto synch hasn't been working like it's supposed to since the last major update. I have no on earthly clue as to why my IP address has been banned. My phone is a Pixel 2 XL and the Fitbit device I use is the Flex.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MKNic 

Have you checked your firewall to make sure it has not erroneously seen FiTBit as a threat & blocked  traffic giving the impression you cannot log in?

Can you 'Ping' WWW.FitBit.com'?

Google search how to 'Ping' from your type of device.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping www.FitBit.Com

Pinging www.fitbit.com.cdn.cloudflare.net [104.16.66.50] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 104.16.66.50: bytes=32 time=9ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 104.16.66.50:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 9ms, Maximum = 9ms, Average = 9ms

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa1. I am not a FitBit employee.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hello @MKNic  I've notified a moderator about your post and they will be by to assist you. Thanks for coming to the forums.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Thanks for posting your inquiry here and Welcome to the Fitbit Community @MKNic. Many thanks @Odyssey13, for bringing this to our attention. 

I created a case with our Customer Support team in your behalf. You should soon receive an email from they at the email you used to register with the Community forums. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns. 😺

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer

Hi @MKNic 

Have you checked your firewall to make sure it has not erroneously seen FiTBit as a threat & blocked  traffic giving the impression you cannot log in?

Can you 'Ping' WWW.FitBit.com'?

Google search how to 'Ping' from your type of device.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping www.FitBit.Com

Pinging www.fitbit.com.cdn.cloudflare.net [104.16.66.50] with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 104.16.66.50:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 9ms, Maximum = 9ms, Average = 9ms

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa1. I am not a FitBit employee.
Best Answer

Hey @GrubbyDuck, many thanks for reaching out !

Your suggestions and comments are received with thanks.

We look forward to hearing from you. Have a nice weekend ! 😺

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer

Hi there, is there any way to get in contact with the support team as well? I'm having the same problem and I can't find help anywhere. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue ,where can I find customer support?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reach out to customer support. Their phone number is (877)623-4997, if you're in the USA. The phone number to call from the UK is: 0800 069 8505. Currently phone support seems to be weekdays only. If you're not in the USA or if you prefer an online chat or email, then click for contact options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too .. for some reason my home wifi IP address was banned and I have no clue why.

Best Answer

Me too! I pinged the Fitbit website like someone suggested and it came back fine but still can't login if I'm on my home wifi. HELP!  

Best Answer

I did and I think it came back fine. It looks like your example, but I still can't login to the app if I'm on my home wifi. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer

@Drafter15 Thanks for joining us! 

Let me help you with this and thank you for pinging the Fitbit website as a test. This could be related to your ISP service but we aren't sure at this time. Do you get any error message on your computer or phone? Please try restarting your phone and computer and allow 48 hours to pass. See if the issue persists after this time and steps.

I look forward to your reply.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer