Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idea for stopping spammers from getting into the App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is an idea I have thrown out to Fitbit on numerous occasions and thought with enough feedback from the community they might implement it.

Before anyone can create an account in the App, they must have linked a Fitbit device before completion of the account. This would cut down on the Majority of the spam accounts that get in on a daily basis. It would also help make Our community safer again. Granted it won't stop them All but it would greatly reduce the number coming in.

Your comments and votes for this are greatly appreciated... 

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I like that Idea.

Best Answer

Pass the word around to vote for this. We get enough people to vote for it maybe Fitbit will take notice and implement it. Just want our community safer again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please go post this in the Features forum. If it gets the votes it could get added

Come back here and provide a link so it will get votes

Features Forum 

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Hi @ALP1961  while I see this might work, it can also prevent people who wish to explore their purchase options from being able to see the forums. There are many who join a forum to read about products or ask questions of those who own them. If people couldn't join without a Fitbit, then many people might never buy one. With scammers crawling all over the internet, no matter what is done, they'd find a way to slither under the door. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

that is a great idea!

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 Didn't know anyone needed an account to browse the forums. There will probably always be someone to find a backdoor around anything they implement, this would be a great start to stopping the majority of them we are seeing at this point. Have to start somewh

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ALP1961  to post here, you need an account. I've gone to other forums to learn more about products and browsed, but to fully access features (such as search or post) had to join. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes