Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you disconnect a fit bit device can you still save the data on your online account?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Question about what happens when you no longer have fit bit connected to blue tooth, or sync it with the fit bit app.

The reason why I mention this was becuase I was thinking of getting a different new type of fit bit than the inspire two fit bit I have.

If I no longer connect it (this account I have for fit bit) to my inspire two will it simply end up not sync together and I will no longer be able to see my infromation? The reason why I mention this is becuase I am interested in trying to keep my fit bit infromation or stats.

What are peoples takes on this? Maybe a moderator or admin from fit bit will be able to help? This post is connected to a post I wrote yesterday (I am not a regular user of these forums at all). Thankyou for reading.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It is normal, standard procedure to switch to a different Fitbit model and keep all your data.  Your data is stored by your FItbit ID/email without respect to which type device put it there.

Just do a sync from your current fitbit first  to make sure all your data from current device gets to fitbit database.  Then from your phone app, staying logged into the same account, tap your profile pic, then Set up a New Device.  It will ask which device you are setting up, then note you already have an Inspire 2 and check that you want to replace that - yes, and continue answering the questions. 

No need, or even reason for you to anything about disconnecting previous device yourself.  Fitbit  will disconnect your previous device and set up new device for you.

Just make sure you are in the same Fitbit account.  Do not create a new Fitbit account for the new device.  Your Fitbit data is stored by your Fitbit ID/email so when you change devices, your data will still be there seamlessly.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Okay, thanks for explaining that, I thought that the data from my inspire two is automatically update to the account on the app - right?

I will try to set up a new device in the future when it comes

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, your data is automatically updated periodically but not continuously to the fitbit database, but you can force a sync to fitbit database by pulling down on home screen of phone app. For instance, step count will get updated continuously to your phone via bluetooth, but only goes to central fitbit database via wifi periodically.  Doing that right before switching insures you don't miss any data since the last time it did the automatic update.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

=== Quick reply again

You know even if there is a gap where you disconnect fit bit device, then add another one later (say it hasn't come yet) it will still save right?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, but there is the question of how you "disconnect" it. Maybe I'm making too much of it, but I would go to profile pic, then tracker (Inspire 2), then trash can icon at upper right to let Fitbit handle it. Then maybe check phone's bluetooth settings to make sure it's not still paired via bluetooth.

In that case, when you add device, it will not ask about replacing old device. It will just add new device since you won't have any device connected.  But if you are logged into same account, data will still be there.  In fact, in the interim with no device, you could still log in and see your data history.  And you will probably also see your daily BMR calorie burn logged each day.

Best Answer

Thanks, I posted a new question

Best Answer
0 Votes