Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate heart rate

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The problem that I'm having with my Fitbit is that while exercising the heart rate is wrong. For instance, if I am walking on the treadmill at say 2 mph and then increase to 4 mph, the heart rate decreases instead of increasing. If I check my heart rate on the treadmill, there is at least a 10 point difference. What is causing this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Onyx65  You might need to change the position of your tracker on your wrist.  Several trackers measure heart rate.  Generally, a wrist tracker is worn one finger width from the bony point on your wrist for regular wear.  It is recommended that you wear it three finger widths while exercising.  Not too loose and definitely not too tight.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@Onyx65  You might need to change the position of your tracker on your wrist.  Several trackers measure heart rate.  Generally, a wrist tracker is worn one finger width from the bony point on your wrist for regular wear.  It is recommended that you wear it three finger widths while exercising.  Not too loose and definitely not too tight.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you, I will definitely try this in the morning.

Best Answer
0 Votes