Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Calorie Burn on Dashboard (and Android App)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't know how often this occurs because I don't always wake up briefly an hour or less before midnight, but it has happened often enough that I decided to post.

For instance, last night I woke up at 11:27pm and glanced at my Fitbit Blaze. The calorie burn showed 3092. This morning, no matter how many times I resync, the Dashboard and my Android App show 2971 as calories burned. I am assuming that the Blaze is tracking continuously, since I glance at it periodically and see the incremental increases throughout the day. The Dashboard and the Android App only update after a sync with the Blaze, and sometimes that takes numerous attempts and workarounds. (The steps were also off by 1000 or more, but my main concern is the calorie burn total.)

This makes me believe in the data on the Blaze and not the Dashboard and Android App. Keeping track of my calorie burn over time is important to me. I use the data to monitor my activity level gains and to gauge my BMR as my fitness level increases. Since the Blaze does not show historical data, the only methodology I have is the historic data on the Dashboard and the Android App.

How can I correct or avoid this discrepancy?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @FocusedII.

Thanks for bringing this up. In this case I'd like to take a close look at what is going on. Could you take a screen shot near midnight showing the calorie count for that time and then one that shows the number showing on the next day? 

That way I'll be able to see it for myself and I could find a reason why it happened. 

Look forward to your reply.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes