Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

syncing to laptop window 7

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why isn't there a "sync now" button, regardless of platform?  My iphone is up to date but the laptop using Windows 7, Google Chrome hasn't updated in hours.  I would like a force sync button.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@mikkyD  Do you have the Fitbit Connect Icon on your Dashboard or in your Toolbar  ? Dongle 2.jpg

I have found I need to turn my phone off and then use the Fitbit Connect Icon and I get an immediate sync.. Then I turn the phone on and sync via that and the results appear on the phone..

Or I take the Fitbit Connect dongle out of the computer and sync via the phone.. Both methods work but it really struggles if the dongle is in and the phone on..

My home environment is loaded with electronic gear and my Kardia ECG device won't work near the computer because it reports too much electrical interference for a strong signal..

@mikkyD wrote:

Why isn't there a "sync now" button, regardless of platform?  My iphone is up to date but the laptop using Windows 7, Google Chrome hasn't updated in hours.  I would like a force sync button.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
My Fit Bit is new.  There is no dongle.  I think the update comes from my phone. 
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mikkyDThe only way you can force a sync via the PC is to purchase a Dongle.. It's availaonnect software for Windows..ble in the Fitbit stores.

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/accessories/wireless-sync-dongle     Dongle USA.jpg

If your purchase that you will need to go into this libnk and download and install the Fitbit Connect software for Windows

https://www.fitbit.com/setup

@mikkyD wrote:
My Fit Bit is new.  There is no dongle.  I think the update comes from my phone. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

I have found the the F5 key usually does it after the iphone is up to date.  I can force a sync on the phone.  So it's solved itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes