Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Top Badges - Lifetime Climb

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just unlocked the 747 lifetime badge and noticed something odd on the dashboard.

I had 73 to go before hitting 4000, and I used to be able to click on the Top Badges (on the Dashboard) and hover my mouse over the Lifetime Climb badge to get the number of floors needed to get the next badge.  When I checked on the progress it showed 3990 left to get the 4000 flights (I had 10 flights so far in that day)  I went out and knocked out the remaining flights during lunch (working in a office tower has its advantages! 🙂 ) and it now shows 8000/8000 each day it reset to 8000 remaining.

The lifetime counter on the full stats page is still acurate but requires more clicks, and a little bit of mental math to get the number of remaining flights until the next badge.

All the other counts on the Top Badges seem to be correct (miles unti the next badge, etc.)

I've tried from multiple PCs and a Mac, all show this problem.

Any ideas?

flights.png

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12
I noticed the same thing on mine.
Best Answer

I had something similar (lifetime climb showing what's needed to get that many floors in a day), & posted a thread about it here somewhere (no answer as yet).  My dad also has it & contacted fitbit support.  So it's a common error, hope they sort it out soon.

But wow!  4000 flights in a lunchtime, I'm in awe!

Best Answer

I've also had a couple of coworkers look at thier accounts, and so far everyone has this issue.  I think I'll call in a support ticket for it.

and lol, I only did 70-ish floors during lunch (to get to 4000) doing all 4000 at one would have killed me 🙂

Best Answer

I noticed my lifetime stair climbing badge appears to reset everyday too and I came here looking for answers. I have the 500 lifetime badge so it is super frustrating that it shows I only have ten. I am up and down the stairs all day at my house and I have days it shows zero stairs. I want my badges.

Best Answer

Hey there @reabear welcome! Let me help here, this seems to be like an floor count issue itself right? Your tracker detects floors using an altimeter, which is a sensor that calculates altitude change based on atmospheric pressure. Atmospheric pressure decreases with increasing elevation, so the tracker calculates elevation gain based on the reduction in atmospheric pressure. Your tracker registers a floor when it detects continuous motion combined with an elevation gain of about 10 feet. Because the tracker looks for continuous motion, pausing too long when going up a flight of stairs can cause the tracker to not count the floor. Also take in consideration that it will only track when you are going up. 

10 feet is an average between residential and commercial floor heights. If the floors you're climbing are shorter than 10 feet, you may find that the Fitbit tracker's floor count doesn't exactly match how many floors you've gone up. For example, if you climb 3 floors that are 8 feet tall (for a total gain of 24 feet), then the Fitbit tracker might only tell you 2 floors because it assumes that each floor is 10 feet tall.

Another cause of inaccurate floors is moisture. For example, the pathway to the altimeter on the back of your tracker can become clogged temporarily with sweat. We recommend that your tracker be worn loosely during exercise.

About your lifetime stair climbing badged, I would like to clarify that it doesn't reset everyday, it will just change the date to the last time you earned it. 

Let me know if you have any other question! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorCindy | Community Moderator

Was this what you were looking for? Vote for it and mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hiya mine is doing the same, did the problem ever get resolved,

Thanks.

Best Answer

Hello @MikeT2000! I hope you enjoy the Community!

I'd like to look into your specific situation to get a better understanding. Would it be possible for you to please take a screen shot of what's happening and then post it here? That way I'll be able to fully understand and help you find a solution.

Look forward to assisting you! Smiley Very Happy

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes i have climbed 14 floors today.Yes i have climbed 14 floors today.

Hi Lanuza,

I try to get 40 floors a day when i am at the office, but they disappear and back to 4,000 floors to to earn today.

Hope thats clearer.

Best Answer

Thank you very much for that picture @MikeT2000! It did help make everything clearer.

In this case I'd recommend that you contact our Customer Support team. I'm sure they will be happy to help you.

Hope to see you around the Forums! 

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbitbug.PNG

NEXT: 2000 floors (2000 more to earn today)

How can that be if I already have at least 1000 floors :))

@Fitbit change the code:

current code: next target - daily climb

correct code: next target - lifetime climb

Subtract the lifetime climb from the next step not the daily climb 

Regards,

Tavi

Best Answer

Hey @tavi85.

Thanks for sharing that picture. Our team is aware of this situation but at this moment we do not have any news or updates on the matter. Whenever we do receive any new information we will be sure to let everyone know.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

just noticed that mine does the same thing lifetime floors reset everyday. what is more disappointing is that this issue was flagged on the 2nd of February 2016 and it is still not sorted   

Best Answer