Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect UPC CODE data returned from UPC CODE Reader

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

There are some products which, when scanned with FITBIT FOOD LOG UPC CODE READER, returns improper data - wrong product;  incorrect calorie count per serving.  

Is there anyway to have these issues fixed?  

For instance, in the current database, a scan of SEALTEST 4% COTTAGE CHEESE returns the calorie count for the 1% product.  

I imagine that someone must be responsible for assuring that these scan results return the proper information?  (Or, am I dreaming in technicolor ?)  

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Community @ElwyAli. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Note that at this time, barcode scanning is only available for customers using the United States food database. If you use another food database, the barcode scanning option won't work.

1. From the Today tab 

, tap the 

icon on the food tile. 
  2. On Android phones (OS 6.0+), make sure you allow the Fitbit app to access requested features on your phone. For more information, see What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android phone?
  3. Tap the barcode icon and place your item's entire barcode in the scanning area. If your item is in our database, you'll see a summary. Otherwise, you'll see the option to submit it.
  4. Adjust the quantity and save.

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This response does not address the issue that I raised.  The point is that there is incorrect data in the fitbit food upc scan database regarding certain foods.   My question was :  How to fix the errors in FITBIT food database ?      

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ElwyAli Thanks for getting back. 

I appreciate your feedback regarding Fitbit database. In this case, you might want to manually add it in our database as mentioned above or as an alternative solution, you could link Fitbit and MyFitnessPal and once your accounts are linked your food will transfer automatically to Fitbit. 

You can learn more about it by checking this article in how to link them and this for MyFitnessPal

I'll be around if you need further assistance. Your understanding is appreciated. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes