Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep State Values

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've recently been keeping a separate spreadsheet with sleep values (Deep Sleep, REM Sleep, Light Sleep, Wake). A few days ago I noticed that all of the values in the Sleep Dashboard had changed. Primarily the wake times had changed to a lower number and the other times slightly higher.

So I updated my spreadsheet, happy to see that I'd seemingly got longer sleep times than originally listed. Now, today I've noticed that all of the sleep values have gone back to what seems like the previous times, with significantly more wake times. Which values are correct?

What's going on Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@CaptainSteubing Thank you for the screenshot shared. 

We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

I'll be around if you have any additional question. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

It's great to see you on the Community @CaptainSteubing. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

It's pretty weird that your sleep data changed. I would like you to provide me with a screenshot of the sleep data you're receiving and the data you're editing. 

You can learn more about sleep by checking these posts: What should I know about sleep stages? and How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer

I, too, keep a separate spreadsheet of sleep data, and I also saw the strange change in times awake (low single digits, rather than in the high teens to low twenties). A day or so ago, though, the data that looked off (times awake) changed to a more recognizable number, and all my sleep stage times for those days had been adjusted.

I'm guessing there was a glitch in their algorithm, somewhere, and that it got fixed. Look back and see if your "weird" days have been updated.

Best Answer

Hi @SilviaFitbit 

See below screen capture of the summary data in the portal along with the detail & summary from my spreadsheet. The spreadsheet was created directly from the data from the portal a few days ago. As you can see the total time asleep differs. The sleep stages also differ, and I will post the details for each in a separate post. 

2019-10-03_16-35-27.png

Ignore the greyed out 2hr 5min nap session on 9/23/2019.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CaptainSteubing Thank you for the screenshot shared. 

We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

I'll be around if you have any additional question. 

Best Answer

Thanks @SilviaFitbit appreciate you investigating and subsequently advising me.

Best Answer