Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect step totals

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just noticed today that fitbit is showing the incorrect step totals for me both in challenges and the 7 day total on the friends list. I totaled up all my steps showing on the dashboard from the last 7 days (Thursday - Wednesday) and it comes to 58,560 but the friends list only has me at 53,087. That's almost 5.5k of missing steps!

Also in the two workweek hustles I have going on, it's showing I only have 28k-ish steps but I really have over 34k for Monday - today.

It's showing these incorrect numbers everywhere (challenges 2 Android apps & Windows 10 app, 7 day total all apps and the website) so I really don't think the typical suggestions of signing out and back in, restarting the device, etc will work.

I have a fitbit one for the record.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Were all of your steps directly tracked by your One? Any steps resulting from a manually logged activity, use of your phone's GPS tracking, or 3rd party apps do not count towards badges, challenges or the friends tile totals. Could this explain what you are seeing?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Were all of your steps directly tracked by your One? Any steps resulting from a manually logged activity, use of your phone's GPS tracking, or 3rd party apps do not count towards badges, challenges or the friends tile totals. Could this explain what you are seeing?

Best Answer

How do I know which steps were tracked by my One? I did use the GPS on the app to track a run each day but had my tracker on me as well (also, the app never shows me the pace, total steps, etc until after it's synced with the tracker so I don't think that's counting any steps itself), I have not added any manual activities. Also the total on the tracker at the end of the day matches what's shown on my dashboard as well so I would assume the One tracked all the steps itself.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's strange. In theory, if you have your fitbit with you when you use mobilerun then the steps from the One should count. It would interesting to test this though by deleting your mobile run entry and seeing if your challenge totals change.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I realized that I was tracking activities with the fitbit app, but I was also tracking them with my garmin, and then using another app to sync those activities from Garmin to Fitbit. I deleted all the Garmin activites and the step total is now correct in the challenges (haven't totaled up 7 days to see the friends list, but I'm going to guess that if the challenges are now correct, then the 7 day total for friends will be correct as well). Thanks for the tip

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am suddenly having issues with 2 of my fitbit in last week...I feel there must be a software issue occuring??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I noticed this issue with my new Fitbit, and it's super annoying. I run with my Garmin (and it syncs steps back to Fitbit via Strava) but they don't count in my 7 day friend total. I don't want to wear two devices for a run. This kind of makes the Fitbit useless to even have at all. 😞

Best Answer