Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Flash dashboard plans?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can FitBit share any plans to get away from the long, long insecure Adobe flash? Things like calorie intake, etc in HTML5 would be great!

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Have you added your vote to the request to remove flash, @jzprovo

That really is the best thing the community of Fitbit users could give you. 

Best Answer

Fitbit web developers: please get rid of Adobe Flash on your website.  It's been discontinued and has been plagued with malware and viruses for years.  Modern security best practices are to uninstall and never use Adobe Flash, ever.  Adobe has retired it and announced it over 2 years ago.  Please get with the times.  Fix your Windows 10 App (it will not update firmware on the Charge 2 confirmed by 2 different support engineers and confirmed on multiple Charge 2 devices and Windows PCs with the latest Bluetooth and updates).  Please add the ability to turn the Charge 2 OFF as well.  Some of us don't use them 24x7 and would like to be able to turn it completely off.  There are security reasons for this as well (government and secure facilities). 

Best Answer

FWIW, @Mike45102, Adobe Flash as not been discontinued, but will no longer be supported by the end of 2020, 3 years from now:

"Adobe is planning to end-of-life Flash. Specifically, we will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020 and encourage content creators to migrate any existing Flash content to these new open formats."   https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Best Answer
0 Votes

It has been reported in the suggestion for this, that Flash is slowly being replaced. I have also noticed this. 

Yes @USAF-Larry Flash is still supported, but by whom. The Linux version last update 2012 does work, same for Android flashFox 2014, iOS not officialy, chromebooks why yes we have a winner. Win 10 phones nope not here either. 

Still adobe says they support it but don't release versions for the majority of people. 

Best Answer

I work in IT.  Flash is horrible, insecure, a memory hog, and is responsible for more problems than I can remember over the years.  It WILL be discontinued, and that WAS announced over 2 years ago.  I permanently uninstalled it around that same time and will never use it again and companies like Fitbit need to address this problem and move to HTML 5.

Best Answer
0 Votes