Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interval workout and .tcx export issues.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Interval workout not syncing with Strava. Unable to export .tcx file for the same in windows or ios.

Best Answer
0 Votes
21 REPLIES 21

Hello @Avinash.K was your intervals recorded with GPS?

If not there will not be a tcx file to export. 

Best Answer

Yes. It was recorded with gps. I did interval runs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Currently only runs and Bike rides recorded with GPS after a sync sent to Strava.

As for not being able to download the tcx file, are you getting any errors

Best Answer

Thanks Rich. Since it dint get auto exported to strava i tried to get the tcx file. It is showing an error as: ‘The activity could not be downloaded. We are looking into the issue’. 

I searched the forums for similar errors and it said there is issue with few windows operating system. So i tried on my iPad as well as my android and it failed in both of these as well with similar error message. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried through a web browser, I just downloaded a tcx filter onto my phone using the web.

Best Answer
Also have this issue. Can a Moderator confirm this is 1) an issue acknowledged by Fitbit and 2) its *actively* being worked on? They just released a whole bunch of new devices - better get on top of these issues before more and more people buy their products and find out these issues exist.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Which one of the two issues above are you asking about, @evillama?

Best Answer

Had a nice long interval run to see that it is not uploaded to strava. Come to find here that i cannot download tcx as gps was not connected. Been a user of charge 2 for a while now, but sucks to find out everyday that gps has problems. I was running in open field in middle of town. I guess i have to stand and wave my arm around for 5 mins for crappy fitbit to catch gps.

Dont get me wrong, i love my fitbit when it works, but more often than not it has one of these crappy limitations.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The TCX file was invented by Garmin specifically to hold GPS data, l with no GPS data there will be no file.

@Santhosh_n  swinging the arm around will not be of any help, but will not hurt.

The Charge 2 does not have a GPS, but uses the phones GPS.

There are a few things needed for GPS to work.

On the phone Fitbit notification services need to be running. This is the service that is listening for requests from the Charge 2

The Fitbit App needs access to the GPS.

The Charge 2 needs a connection with the phone. These two are normally near enough that finding a better location for them to communicate should not be needed.

On Android I find most GPS problems with the Charge 2 rectified by restarting the phone and normally GPS is locked on before the phone has completely started back up

Others say restarting the tracker also works, but this requires caring the charging cable and a per source with you.

As usual answering a phone based/connection issue is normally easier if we know the type of phone.

Best Answer

With GPS enabled on the Ionic, the map data is available within the Fitbit account but it won’t sync the data to Strava and if you try to download the tcx file from the website you get the error ‘The activity could not be downloaded. We are looking into the issue’. I managed to download the tcx file from the iOS app but it contains ‘validation - logId -Could not convert activity log 1.1 to TCX’. It should contain data in xml as it does if I export an exercise recorded using the run or walk exercise. Something isn’t working using the interval workout even though it has the gps data showing within my Fitbit account. This is just a run with an interval timer recorded with GPS on, it should just sync automatically. At this point I’d be happy if it exported manually and imported into Strava manually but I have to enter a manual exercise and all the data and attach a screenshot from the Fitbit app. Not what I expect for the price of the watch, bought for it’s GPS and supposed compatibility with other apps like Strava. If this isn’t fixed next time i’ll get a cheaper Garmin that works!

Best Answer

I'm experiencing the same problem
"validation - logId - Could not convert activity log 1.1 to TCX"

https://web-api.fitbit.com/1.1/user/-/activities/28206982399.tcx

Best Answer

I have the same issue, I have an android phone and apple computer. GPS was "On" in "Interval Workouts" before I'd started to do run intervals and I can see the activity in the map in the fitbit dashboard but not in Strava. First of all, I believe this activity should be autodetected as a run and walk interval and sync with Strava. If not, I should be able to export the TCX file and upload myself but none of them is working now. I tried both from Web and Android phone. 

Note: I have Versa 2 but I don't think this is related to the product we have.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tolga.A this has been broken for a very long time and I wouldn't count it's going to be fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I too dont think they will fix this. They have failed to acknowledge
this as an error inspite of me writing to them. It's just generic response
rinsed and repeated.
Best Answer
0 Votes
It's no way near ideal as it's not as flexible as the interval settings but
i recently worked out you can use the laps feature either on auto and set
like 1 mile and run that flat out and it will notify you when the mile is
up and you can do the 2nd mile at slower pace but you have to have the same
distance or time for each lap. You can also use the feature of manual laps
and press the lap button button at top right of the screen while running
and start a new lap, this won't notify you but you can check current length
of lap and then start a new lap at the correct interval. The interval run
should just produce the run in the correct format to allow it to export
manually or automatically to Strava but can't see it being fixed. Hopefully
this will help until you can replace your watch with a Garmin. This should
be an easy fix for Fitbit but either no one reads these posts or thinks
it's an issue that will lose them previously loyal customers.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey, I already shifted to garmin a year back and happy with it 🙂 . Thanks
for the reply.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just confirming that this is still an issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes still an issue. I tried to upload an interval workout to strava with gps data included but no luck uploading otmr downloading tcx

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have Inspire HR and this Interval Workout still cannot export TCX files !!! 

GPS is connected to the phone but completing still will not allow exporting TCX files instead flash a quick error message and nothing happens.

Best Answer
0 Votes