Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to disable insights on the Fitbit app?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't find a setting that controls this.  They are useless and just a pain to have to close out every day.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
87 REPLIES 87

LOL. Looks the moderator went in to tone down my messages, and yours. Funny they won't consider just letting us disable the feature. Clearly, they know better than we do what is good for us. I've dealt with several bad companies (cable companies come to mind!) but been awhile since I've seen this level of corporate contempt. Kind of baffling why they want to force this on us. 

Best Answer

Everytime I type **ahem** YOU Fitbit the moderator removes it. Now, it get removes even if I type AHEM you Fitbit.

Best Answer

It shows up on top and makes the rest of the info I care about on the dashboard scroll off the screen. 

How do I disable these useless tips? I hit thumbs down on each tip but they still appear. Also closing it tapping on X never works the first time. Have to keep tapping over and over again. 

Best Answer

I arrived here thinking “there must certainly be a way to disable this” and read pages after pages of people complaining about the same thing. And the only response is a canned response of closing it with the X and saying they don’t have plans of addressing it. 

Google bought Fitbit. Google are an ad company and I agree with the previous poster that these are here to make future ads easier to swallow. It’s the only explanation I can think of to not fix something that is clearly obtrusive and disliked by so many users. Vote with your wallet and move to another platform. I will be moving to the Apple Watch. 

Best Answer

@Junkhunk Google have NOT bought Fitbit yet.  They announced their intention to acquire Fitbit but since then have been waiting for approval across the globe.  Now several countries including Australia have blocked the deal from going through so Google have been unable to close the acquisition.  Therefore, to reiterate, Google DO NOT YET OWN Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Completely agree. Annoying to such a degree that my next tracker will be a Garmin, because having to get rid of these stupid pop ups every day is doing my head in. 

Best Answer

Yeah, I get more infuriated every week. Fitbit's contempt for its users is staggering.

(Not to mention, I'm trying to picture the people who created it thinking it was "useful." Suggestions for **ahem**s: drink water, eat healthy foods. Thanks. How stupid do you think we are?)

Best Answer

It's official. Fitbit is now part of Google. More of a reason to move away now even before it breaks. I can only imagine what they'll do with all my data.

Best Answer

I gave up and bought an Apple Watch. They're never going to fix this. So dumb.

Best Answer

So much this. I think I finally snapped today. I'm so SICK of the pop up ads that I must close EVERY TIME I OPEN THE APP.

I loathe them.

Best Answer

I can't believe this hasn't be fixed.  Such a pain in the **ahem**.  I love Fitbit, I'm on my 4th or 5th watch at this point and I love pretty much everything about them.  This stupid annoying popup is maddening though.

Every.  Time.  You.  Enter.  The.  App.

At least give us a way to turn the **ahem** thing off.

Best Answer

Don't think FB looks at this as an issue. To me, the app is their selling tool to get people to buy FB devices. The more features (/eye candies) it has, the more devices they sell. Who cares how useful these "features" are.

Best Answer

This person gets it. Fitbit needs to step its game up. Just one of the many flaws of the devices. Its annoying to have the same tip again and again. 

Best Answer

No kidding. As a new fitbit owner I'm quickly seeing this as a pattern with fitbit... I think long term I'll migrate to something that's more flexible.

Best Answer

Yes. Remove this, the designer, or make it optional , it contradicts the minimalistic design, 

Best Answer

They will never, we have been asking for years. Apparently we need their great health advice - drink enough water, get enough sleep, eat some protein. We'd be LOST without it 😉

Best Answer

They are insipid and they clutter the interface. I don't like having to dismiss spam. Please allow users to opt out of them.

Best Answer

Oh, if the app could stop congratulating me when I "squeeze in a nap," that would be great too. I have bad sleep hygiene but thanks for the encouragement I guess

Best Answer

yep if the app could just shut up with its feedback...

Best Answer

It's like talking to a brick wall, Allisor, they won't. But they will take your complaints down if you are vehement, or if you say "ahem" too many times, which is what they convert swearing to on this feedback channel.

Best Answer