Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to add a barcode for food ?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Marcel from Sweden .

I'm trying to find a way to add a barcode for food I frequently use.

That way it's much easier and faster to update my food log.

Is there a way I can do that ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Marcel50cc and welcome to the Community.  You are having this problem because there is no Swedish Food Database in the Fitbit app.  For reference, users can change their food database by tapping on their profile picture > Activity & Wellness > Nutrition & Weight > Food Database.  Users have been asking for a broader international food database for years.  This Feature Suggestion mentions more Scandinavian countries than just Sweden.  It has more votes than the Sweden only Feature Request. Please vote for it and leave a comment.

I'm sorry, but you can't just add the barcodes, because it is a database issue.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Marcel50cc 

Have you tried using the barcode in the food tile of your Fitbit App? Hers how:

Open the Fitbit App then scroll down to your food tile and tap the plus sign + on the right side of that tile. Then look at the top of your screen just to the right of your food search bar you will see a barcode. Just tap that barcode and give access to your camera when prompted. 

😃 I hope this provides you with the best answer to your question. Please let me know how it goes 

Best Answer

Hello,

Yes , I know that one , and I use it already , I only want to add new barcodes that system does not know yet .

I have lots of food that the barcode scanner does not recognize yet , and I want to add those barcodes .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello again @Marcel50cc 

I’m not sure which Fitbit model you have but have you checked the Fitbit App Gallery? Just open the Fitbit App, tap your profile picture then scroll down and tap the name of your Fitbit tracker. Nest tap gallery then tap the Apps tab at the top of your screen. Next tap the magnifying glass and type in barcodes into the search bar. You should find another barcode app you can install there. 

😃 Please let me know if that is what you were looking for and if it answers your question. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Marcel50cc and welcome to the Community.  You are having this problem because there is no Swedish Food Database in the Fitbit app.  For reference, users can change their food database by tapping on their profile picture > Activity & Wellness > Nutrition & Weight > Food Database.  Users have been asking for a broader international food database for years.  This Feature Suggestion mentions more Scandinavian countries than just Sweden.  It has more votes than the Sweden only Feature Request. Please vote for it and leave a comment.

I'm sorry, but you can't just add the barcodes, because it is a database issue.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes