Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Km / Miles unit and value mixed up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I view my recent exercise on the dashboard, it shows distance in miles, 1.87 miles (correct!)

When I click the exercise for additional details, the header across the top says 3.02 miles (incorrect value, this is the km equivalent). The red circle on the map says "3.02 km" (incorrect value and units). Clicking the "Mile Split" (yes, it says "mile") under the map, it shows me the kilometers split? 

I've seen a number of similar posts on here, some several years old.  Apparently the issue is too much for fitbit to fix?  Or you just don't care?  I'm a developer myself...I would think something like this should be a pretty straight-forward issue to resolve, so why it's still around after 1-2 years is beyond me....annoying to say the least.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Tim217 and welcome to the Community.  I looked at your profile and can see that you joined Fitbit less than two years ago.  You also posted this on the web dashboard forum.  Fitbit stopped updating the web dashboard several years ago.  Any existing or future bugs are unlikely to be fixed.

All current models for sale need a compatible mobile device.  Fitbit certainly seems to be focusing on the mobile platforms.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey LZeeW, so if the dashboard is no longer being maintained, why is it still available to customers?  Makes no sense that they allow customers to continue using it, but don't maintain it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go back to the beginning, all devices synced to the web dashboard and there was no mobile app.  Users of legacy devices were able to sync with the web dashboard until October.  Based on the activity in other forums, there are many devices still in use that don’t require the mobile app and these users faced a decision if they didn’t own a smartphone or tablet.  Some of the issues with the web don’t affect the older devices.  They can’t generate a map of an activity.

Community Council members aren’t Fitbit employees.  I certainly don’t know anything about web dashboard plans.  Despite the bugs, many users use the web dashboard to see information in a larger screen.  I use mine from time to time.  That’s all the insight I have.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate the insight, definitely helpful in understanding the issue and why it exists. Still doesn't make sense to me that fitbit doesn't feel the necessity of fixing obvious bugs that exist in the dashboard, especially for long-time customers that may still have older devices.  Like you mention, even though I have the mobile app, I still use the dashboard when I'm on my desktop, whether to view my information on a larger screen or just for convenience so I don't have to get my phone out.  Believe it or not, some people these days don't have their phone attached at the hip.  😉

Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes