Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Knitting counted as steps.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

You're ahead of me; I've clocked 3,416 "steps" while knitting with my Alta (admittedly on my dominant arm).
I should switch it to my non-dominant arm, I know.
I'm glad to know I'm not alone clocking "steps" while knitting.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7
Try charging it next to a moving fan. I got 25thousand steps!
Best Answer

Howdy there @dogenzenji and welcome to the forums @AkimboHeart

That's some pretty intense knitting @AkimboSmiley Surprised @dogenzenji Please know that there's an easy way these steps can be deleted (the linked thread mentions stirring a pot counting as steps). Smiley LOL

An odd workaround is to try out Drivebit; it creates a "driving" log to overwrite the steps that were incorrectly detected. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Smiley Very Happy

PS: I've moved your posts from a year-old thread on the Surge boards to a brand new thread (to start from scratch!) on our Dasboard boards. Smiley Wink

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

I have a charge 2, on my nondominant hand, which barely moves while I am knitting, and I got a notification that I had reached 10K steps.  I thought it couldn't be counting my knitting, but I knit for another minute, and recorded 50 more steps.  I guess I was running!  This is so discouraging.  I will never remember to put it back on after I finish knitting, which is always late at night.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dlraymer!

In the post above, you can see two ways in which the additional steps could be removed from your overall performance. 

Additionally, you could try to tighten the Fitbit around your wrist a bit more than usual so that it doesn't wiggle as much. That could help the Fitbit record less steps while you knit.

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I knit very fast and it clocks on my left arm the same as my right arm. Is it real?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dalehype! Welcome to the Forums.

Since you mentioned that it is done pretty fast, that would be why it is recognizing that as if you were talking. The best way to move forward in this case would be to remove the Fitbit while you're knitting or logging a driving activity to negate the steps, like mentioned above.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit logs steps even on my non-dominant hand while knitting!

Best Answer
0 Votes