Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging activities manually-- did that change?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use a treadmill and my Fitbit Charge 4 is not good about counting the steps. So I have taken to logging it manually.

I used to get on, log the time started, duration, and distance (in KM) and it would calculate steps. As recently as last week it worked that way.

Now when I go on the Fitbit.com page, it wouldn't let me log until I knew my calories. Where it used to say steps or distance, it now has distance as optional and calories as required. My treadmill doesn't count calories- I don't know- I don't care! I am tracking steps. 

So I do a conversion online to try to figure out how many calories I may have burnt and enter that. It then lets me post, but it states that I walked 432 steps. For 1.69 miles. I know that's not accurate! I can't see any way to edit the record, and when I tried to enter a "walking" activity just to log the extra steps, the log doesn't ask for steps at all (or distance). What am I missing here?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I just tried Treadmill and Walk, and both asked for distance, with calories optional.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried treadmill and got this:

GraceKrispy_0-1641503216128.png

Oddly, I just tried walk again and got what I used to see. I am so confused as to why it was different earlier today. Earlier today it looked like this:

GraceKrispy_1-1641503356548.png

Maybe a glitch? I was able to log it as walking and delete the previous record. I have no idea why it looks different now, but I'm glad for it! 

Best Answer
0 Votes