Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging food

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have noticed that the calorie counts are way off for some foods. For instance last night I was logging pork roast - 3.5 ounces and it came up showing just 7.6 grams of protein. I know 3.5 ounces of any protein is more than 7.6 grams of protein. Lots of choices just say - one portion. This is what I find on the ipad safari fitbit site. This is very subjective. Just an FYI, if you have just started on your weight loss journey or trying to be healthy, be careful with what you choose.
Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Logging foods will not be 100% accurate, the actual eaten portion can contain more or less nutritients / calories.. when estimating food intake, could log more or less than actually eaten. Depending on the type of foods, the body can require more or less energy for digesting a certain food. Some foods can also take up to 36+ hours before fully digested..

Foods prepackaged can also contain more or less calories than mentioned on the package.

When desired, aim to eat nutrition rich foods overall when hungry as minimal as processed, those foods contain lots of nutritients the body requires and nature intended us to have, leaving satisfied for longer, on lower calories overall.. having a little treat once a while..

(Fruits, vegetables, eggs, meats, fish,..), foods without labels are the best for the body.. (when counting calories, it's easier to scan a label of some junk food, though the fruits,.. being a better choice for the body when wanting to, and leaves satisfied for longer). Not restricting any foods, having everything with care.. (eating until comfortably satisfied, not stuffed).

Foods like cookies, containing sugars,.. overall higher in calories.. leave the body possibly being hungry, and wanting more from (cause of the added sugars).. not necessary out of being hungry.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The point I was trying to make is that you have to be careful logging what is available there to choose. If the calorie count sounds too good to be true for something everyone knows is not healthy then the amount is probably wrong. Additionally there are choices that are in there more then once for the same food. I have some knowledge of calorie counts/nutrition ( I have lost 100 pounds), but it was an FYI for others who have just started their journey. Sent from my ipad
Best Answer
0 Votes