Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Data After Google Migration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was prompted to do the google account migration and like many others lost years of data. Others and myself are super upset since all of our progress has been lost. I’m posting to hopefully get the Fitbit team fixing the issue. I also just want to say this app is used to document so much health progress and to lose it all and see ZERO on everything is really how can I say this… disappointing, unmotivating, basically destroys my mental mind set. We track our health for many reasons and being unable to see that is infuriating. It’s like giving all of us the middle finger. “Oh all your progress is gone? Oof too bad for you but we tracked today stuff for you at least.” I tried contacting support and they said they would escalate this and get back to me. So far nothing. Which means do NOT migrate people.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @MeteorDoll 

I can understand how frustrating it can be after migrating your account and seeing zeros.  I'm sorry that it impacted your mental health so seriously.   But, I'm almost certain the data is still there and we did not delete or erase your account.  My guess is your account got transferred and you're logging into a different account.   I will reach out to you directly to get some additional information so I can either escalate the problem with the general support team or find out exactly what happened.

Best,

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer

I was prompted to migrate to google. Apprently I had an account from years ago when I tried out the app on my phone. I’d forgotten all about that account but that’s what I’m now connected to. I can’t find a way of connecting to the fitbit account I set up just over a year ago when I got a fitbit watch. Now can’t access recent data and can’t find a way of getting into the neeer account.

thanks so much Google.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Greatacre,

I can understand the frustration you're feeling related to the Google account migration.   Unfortunately, we don't have a forum group that I feel is best to address this problem.   My recommendation is to contact our main customer service team at https://help.fitbit.com/support where someone might be able to straighten out your account issues.

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer