Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually log excercise using steps from daily excercise graph?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I have been using auto excercise recognition to log football matches and training on my Alta.

The problem is there is sometimes gaps and rests in during these activities so they are not recognising very well. Sometimes as separate events even though part of the same match.

Is there anyway this can be better? Can I manually log the excercise but use the data the Alta has stored from the beginning and end time of the excercise?

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @Davedoconnor, yes you could do it that way.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. I have an activity that is 3 hours in length with varying peeks of activity. I would like to have FitBit capable of telling me the total number of steps/calories/etc. within that period of time.

Very simple request. Maybe Dashboard does that somewhere? So far I haven't been able to find it.

I enter the activity, the start time and duration and then estimate the calories. After entering all the info, FItBit has "0" as the number of steps.   :- (

Would be great to hear any information about this topic.  :- )

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Davedoconnor and @DawnXXOO! Thanks for joining the Forums.

@Davedoconnor and @DawnXXOO, like @Julia_G mentioned, it is possible to manually log the activities. Having said that, it will not count all the steps and will use an estimate to determine how many calories you burned during that time period.

You can read this post on how to manually log an activity, remember replace the word 'driving' for whatever activity you wish to log.

@DawnXXOO At this moment you can only log activities through the tracker's recognition or manually. Like mentioned above, manually logged activities will not count any steps unless they are entered on the activity itself.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really wish you guys would list stretching as a preset exercise.  We get rewards for doing so many minutes of Stretching each day on our Company wellness APP.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @DblGee!

That's a great suggestion. After going around I found this suggestion post on our Feature Suggestions board that talked about yoga and aerobics to be automatically recognized. You could vote for it or comment on it to show your support.

Let me know how it goes! If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes