Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually logged steps not calculating correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've found that if I manually log a walk, it's not calculating the steps correctly in the dashboard. It adds the walk to the log with the correct number of steps but when I go back to the dashboard the total steps for the day isn't correct. For example today I had 6138 steps already and then logged an 6.15km walk which added 8200 steps to the log (which is accurate based on my stride length) but when I go back to the dashboard I now have a total of 13289 steps where I should have 14338. Does this happen to others as well?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Chuckles1014 , a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message!

Do you use a Fitbit device?

Does it have any steps recognized/ or do you see any activity sync on the same time window where you logged the steps manually?

If so this could explain your situation. If you logged steps manually, and sync the Fitbit afterwards, the steps registered by the Fitbit could overwrite the ones logged manually! 

Hope this helps

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes