Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Password Length

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm resetting my password for fitbit.com, and you state the password must be "At least eight 8 characters long (the longer, the better)" but no where can I find the maximum length? If you just stated Passwords must be between 8 and 1024 characters long or whatever the upper limit is, it would be helpful for we few security conscious people.

I've been told I'm paranoid, but they are really out to get me! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A warm welcome to the Community @RonV777 and @SunsetRunner thanks for the input.

Regarding your password inquiry, the password for a Fitbit account may be between 8 and 72 character. And as mentioned, it can include lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers and special character.

Let me know if you need anything else. 😊

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

I agree, @RonV777 . As a former IT person, I’ve seen many “worst case scenarios,” too. The rules I found for passwords are below. But I’ve flagged a moderator to see if s/he can tell us the maximum length.

A strong password has the following characteristics:
  • Unique to each website or mobile app you use
  • At least eight 8 characters long (the longer, the better)
  • Includes lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers, and special characters such as ~!@#$%^&
  • A combination of words with unusual capitalization, numbers, and special characters interspersed
  • Not a word or date easily associated with you (like family names, a pet’s name, or birthdates)
  • Something you can easily remember. While it’s not a good idea to use a single dictionary word for a password (such as “dictionary”), you can create a short phrase made up of dictionary words (such as “My1stDictionaryWasBlue!”). 
Passwords are case sensitive. For example, "getF1T!?" and "GeTF1T!?" are different passwords. When choosing a password, remember the capitalization you use, and make sure that the Caps Lock key isn’t on.
Best Answer

They mention in the characteristics: "Something you can easily remember." The only perfect password is the password you can't remember. If you can type it in, in today's hacker environment, it is too simple!!!

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @RonV777 and @SunsetRunner thanks for the input.

Regarding your password inquiry, the password for a Fitbit account may be between 8 and 72 character. And as mentioned, it can include lowercase and uppercase letters, numbers and special character.

Let me know if you need anything else. 😊

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

The app is making me change my password but each time I do it it says that it is "too simple and to choose a secure, unique password, difficult to guess by others"

I add uppercase, lowercase and special characters, but its not working. 

What should I do

Best Answer
0 Votes