Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meals not showing in log

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I created a meal and everything worked fine.  The calculation for the meal matched when I added each ingregient individually.  Today I went to log the meal I created yesterday (to use it for the first time) but it does not display in my log.  I have tried both through the app and at fitbit.com from my laptop.  I doesn't work in either case.  However, it is counting the calories from the meal in my daily calorie intake.  I can't see/modify/delete the log.  Has anyone else had this problem and knows how to fix it?  I don't think it matters since it isn't working on fitbit.com either but I have a Motorola Droid Turbo running Android 5.1 and the fitbit app is up to date.  Forgot to mention, I have a Flex.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I went back to 8/23/16 when I had the issue and I see that it is now showing all the ingredients twice.  I had originally created the meal and then added the meal.  The meal never showed in my log so I manually added each of the ingredients to my log for dinner.  When I was done I noticed that the total calorie count was doubled.  It was including the calorie count from the meal I had created but wasn't showing it.  Now it is at least showing everything so I can delete the duplicates.  Hopefully it will work moving forward.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi

Have moved this thread from the Flex to the Fitbit.com Dashboard section to increase the chance of getting a solution.

Your post will get more attention here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @mbeckman welcome to the Fitbit Community! I would like to ask if you are still experiencing issues with your food log? If you are please share with me the steps you are taking to edit or delete the food log. 

Catch you later! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Angela,

I apologize for my delayed response. I am currently on vacation. As soon
as I get back this weekend I will send you the steps.

Thank you,
Michelle
Best Answer
0 Votes

I went back to 8/23/16 when I had the issue and I see that it is now showing all the ingredients twice.  I had originally created the meal and then added the meal.  The meal never showed in my log so I manually added each of the ingredients to my log for dinner.  When I was done I noticed that the total calorie count was doubled.  It was including the calorie count from the meal I had created but wasn't showing it.  Now it is at least showing everything so I can delete the duplicates.  Hopefully it will work moving forward.

Best Answer

@mbeckman it's great you have found this solution and thanks a million for sharing this with the rest of the Community! 

This is definitely going to help other users also experiencing the same as you. Good job and keep it up! Cat Very Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been trying to log my meals but nothing happens, in the app it shows the correct caliries yet when I log it it shows no calories and goes right back to the opening page. In the dashboard log food page it just keeps trying to load but doesn't. Any ideas?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been trying to log my meals but nothing happens, in the app it shows the correct caliries yet when I log it it shows no calories and goes right back to the opening page. In the dashboard log food page it just keeps trying to load but doesn't. Any ideas?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi TerrIF1970.  Sorry, I don't have any advice as my issue corrected itself after I gave up on it for a month or so.  I didn't do anything differently.  I was even able to use the meal I had created that initially wasn't working.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I'll just wait it out then.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having a similar issue. If I modify a meal on the website, for example, switching from almonds to pecans in a meal, it shows the new meal on the website, but on the app it will show BOTH almonds and pecans, even when one has been deleted on the website. The only way I found to fix this was to log out of the app, and then re-log in again. The annoying part is that you have to re-connect your Fitbit to your phone and set up google assistant or Alexa again each time you log out and back in. But it fixed the meal logging issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes